Reaction score
As I'm a relative newbie, you might think this is a silly question. I want to get some practise with the flight simulation on the DJI GO app. I click on SIMULATION & get "simulation failed. aircraft is not connected" I have the app & controller & aircraft switched on, so I assume I have to connect the aircraft's mini USB - but to what? The controller or my smartphone? Obviously I'm afraid if I connect it wrongly, I could blow something! Help....
Thanks in anticipation

IF you really want to practice Drone flying .....Spend way way less then $60 bucks for a "Toy Drone"......Thats what i did and several others here did too...You can crash these toy ones and pick it back UP and launch it over n over again and have FUN learning how you control a drone......THEN after you have mastered the toy drone Advance to your nice expensive one....That simulator is NOT the thing to learn on....You need to fly a El cheep O Drone.......Good Luck what ever you decide to do.

IF you really want to practice Drone flying .....Spend way way less then $60 bucks for a "Toy Drone"......Thats what i did and several others here did too...You can crash these toy ones and pick it back UP and launch it over n over again and have FUN learning how you control a drone......THEN after you have mastered the toy drone Advance to your nice expensive one....That simulator is NOT the thing to learn on....You need to fly a El cheep O Drone.......Good Luck what ever you decide to do.
Very true! I did that - crashed a cheap Syma several times before going for the Phantom 3. [No GPS on the Syma!!]. I've notched up a mere 2 hours airtime but I'm now reasonably confident in Beginner Mode. [ & got my public liability insurance sorted, by the way, so I AM trying to be responsible] However, as a serious photographer with 50 years still & 20 years video experience, I still find my video goes off target when I use both sticks together, so I was thinking of getting in some more practise on the DJI simulator so that my pans are smoother. But I gather you don't think the simulator is worth bothering with? I'd still at least like to try it out, but my question was about connecting the aircraft in order to do so.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20