Flight no longer steady, flyaway/crash close call

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have a DJI Phantom Vision 2+ That doesn't have that many hours on it. I can probably say it has only been on around 12 flights in its lifetime.

With that said, the recent flights have become very unpredictable, with it not being able to hover steady, nor is it easy to land anymore with the operation being erratic.

Today, I was having problems with it hovering still, so I switched to ATTI mode and it instantly began to fly away with no input on the sticks. I quickly switched it back and it becomes somewhat controllable, but still very erratic. I ended up making a semi-controlled crash into some grass to get it to land after almost hitting a few objects.

Prior to this flight, I have tried:
  1. Basic calibration (no effect)
  2. Calibrated RC (said it was spot on to begin with)
  3. Calibrated Compass (no effect)
  4. Advanced Calibration (flew today and it seemed worse!)

I attached logs from the most recent flight. Looking for any additional ideas as it really is no longer a joy to fly this thing.

Attachments

• 2018-01-24_12-25-19_v2.csv.zip
    209.1 KB · Views: 242
Have you tried this in a different location? Your satellite reception is not great. It should be flyable but drifting can be an issue.

Here's a reception plot: Normally I always have between 12 and 17 Sat's for example.

Flight Sattelites.png

This is actually right outside my home, I haven't tried flying elsewhere recently. I will give that a whirl and see if there are different outcomes. Would seem odd I would have poor reception as there are clear skies above with no obstructions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik