First Drone Video

Reaction score
Hello! I recently got my Phantom 3 Standard for Christmas. I wanted to create a video of some of the first footage around my neighborhood. It is my first video, so don't expect much. Enjoy! Let me know what I need to improve on if you want.

Nice! There's nothing wrong with your footage...but....the editing....

o_O

welcome to the forum!!

Congratulations on your new phantom! You'll have a lot of fun with it for sure. As you're asking for any feedback, I can give you this (and it is of course completely up to you to follow some of my suggestions or not):

- Try not to move the copter too fast while filming (fast pan and camera tilts). This results in very disorienting and unpleasant to watch footage
- Try to fly your copter along a path to create more dynamic videos. Try to avoid just panning the copter while stationary in the air, fly along a route and try not to turn the copter to the right or left while doing this
- In scenes with objects in close distance to the camera, try to move the copter as smooth and even as possible. Every slight correction in your flight path is very noticeable if there are any objects close to the cam.
- At last, maybe try some color corrections or additional sharpening in post. This is an optional process, but it can get your footage to look awesome instead of just great.

And at last: Maybe be a little less "in-the-face" with your choice of music. Aerial videography in most cases is not just action-packed content, but in most cases just beautiful and even relaxing to watch. The music choice you've gone with does not really fit that mood perfectly, so you could maybe try something a little more subtle :)

Anyways, enjoy your copter and welcome to the forum! :)

Congratulations on your new phantom! You'll have a lot of fun with it for sure. As you're asking for any feedback, I can give you this (and it is of course completely up to you to follow some of my suggestions or not):

- Try not to move the copter too fast while filming (fast pan and camera tilts). This results in very disorienting and unpleasant to watch footage
- Try to fly your copter along a path to create more dynamic videos. Try to avoid just panning the copter while stationary in the air, fly along a route and try not to turn the copter to the right or left while doing this
- In scenes with objects in close distance to the camera, try to move the copter as smooth and even as possible. Every slight correction in your flight path is very noticeable if there are any objects close to the cam.
- At last, maybe try some color corrections or additional sharpening in post. This is an optional process, but it can get your footage to look awesome instead of just great.

And at last: Maybe be a little less "in-the-face" with your choice of music. Aerial videography in most cases is not just action-packed content, but in most cases just beautiful and even relaxing to watch. The music choice you've gone with does not really fit that mood perfectly, so you could maybe try something a little more subtle :)

Anyways, enjoy your copter and welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you so much for the feedback! Again, it was my first video so I need that kind of feedback. Is there a video of yours I can watch for reference? If not that's fine. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you so much for the feedback! Again, it was my first video so I need that kind of feedback. Is there a video of yours I can watch for reference? If not that's fine. Thanks again!

Glad you find it useful. Unfortunately, I only have this one video I can link to and this was done in a bit of a rush - the whole production of the video had to be done in 72 hours (including coming up with an idea, shooting and editing). The copter shots were only a small part of the production and unfortunately did not get the attention they would have deserved.

Sent from my impractical touch-device

Reactions: mdowney58
Glad you find it useful. Unfortunately, I only have this one video I can link to and this was done in a bit of a rush - the whole production of the video had to be done in 72 hours (including coming up with an idea, shooting and editing). The copter shots were only a small part of the production and unfortunately did not get the attention they would have deserved.

Sent from my impractical touch-device

Wow! Very impressive. That's like movie theater quality! I see all the elements that you used that you were earlier mentioning. Great job!

Congrats on the new drone. However, 80% of the process of creating an amazing drone video is editing. Listen to SwissGuy, he knows his stuff.

80% of any video is editing...

Hello! I recently got my Phantom 3 Standard for Christmas. I wanted to create a video of some of the first footage around my neighborhood. It is my first video, so don't expect much. Enjoy! Let me know what I need to improve on if you want.
Outstanding for your first video. Keep up the good work! [emoji106]

Sent from my LGLS992 using PhantomPilots mobile app

No bad for first video. Practice slowing things down, it'll create nice smooth transitions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4