First Drone Footage!

Thank you. I've been showing off your British Columbia footage to friends, we've taken a couple canoeing trips up to the Boundary Waters years ago, and your film is prompting us to make another visit. Have you ever thought about what you wanted to do with drone work ? Nature Documentaries, Movies?

I’ve been licensing some footage out, but mainly focusing on growing my YouTube channel.

Glad you got to experience BC, it’s one of my favorite places!

John

Wowsers. If that really was your first video footage, that is truly amazing. As others have said, reminiscent of the Lords of the Rings landscapes, music to die for, and a production to put professional video editors to shame. You really need a job with Industrial Light and Magic. Totally awesome video. Very well done.

Best wishes, Dave W

It is! I've watched quite a few videos on what to use, buy, mostly ND filter related, settings etc.... I can't imagine what it would look like with a P4 in all its 4k glory. My issue is usually in post, color correcting is something I really need to work on. This is pretty much raw footage aside from a very slight saturation adjustment. Wow, Industrial Light and Magic, what a job that would be to have :D That made my day. Glad you liked it bud!

Reactions: Rolfy Dave
Shot this in the mountains of NC. Would love to hear everyone's opinion on it. Any constructive feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Watch in 2k for best quality
Filmed the morning after Eclipse, Phantom 3 Advanced. ND 8 Filter, 100 ISO

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Enjoyed the videography and music combination. Did you launch from multiple locations?

I was reading about NC's thermal inversions yesterday!

North Carolina’s thermal inversion and rare sea of clouds

This was taken around 6:30, 7AM. There is such a short window to film this, as the sun rises the clouds break up fairly quickly. You can see on the left side of the video where it's not quite as silky smooth as the right. When I first got there and setup everything, a lot of it had already left the valley. Any sooner though and it would have been too dark to get any footage.
Enjoyed the videography and music combination. Did you launch from multiple locations?

Nope, same spot throughout. The second bit of footage is just over the first ridge past the Christmas tree farm.

Last edited:
I am jealous! Outstanding!
You have the "eye"!

Thank you sir /salute My brother is actually in the army as well, he was in the
101st Airborne Division and is now stationed in Germany. We'll be going to visit him in May of next year. Going to bring my drone over if it's possible! Really looking forward to it, but I know the law is fairly strict when it comes to UAV's.

First video with a flying camera, but not your first rodeo, you are most likely accomplished already in photography and or video capture, and this one just happens to be captured from the air.

You don't need much advise, other than perhaps to get your 107 license so you can be legal and make money with it.
I still debate myself to get the licence, but have no desire to start up a business again or try to sell my images and video.

It's all for pleasure for me now days rather than to make a living. In fact in another post I mentioned I need to just start flying without taking stills or video and look at my drone not as a flying camera, but a flying craft to enjoy just the flying of it, because I find I am getting it out far too little.

I have been going out only go fly when I wanted an image captured, and taking the time to download and edit the files, I find that aspect keeps me from just flying for the fun of it.

Watch me post next week that I went out and flew my drone almost every day, but sure am upset that I didn't capture something that I wish I had got on camera.

I think it would help if the bird would rewrite over old files or allow files to be deleted right in the drone, so that you would be able to film all the time, but only take the card and transfer the files if you captured something you wanted to save.

I have a couple terabyte's of files that I really just don't use or need. Even to go through at this point to delete unwanted files would be too time consuming.

Shot this in the mountains of NC. Would love to hear everyone's opinion on it. Any constructive feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Great video !

Great video, and I wouldn't be too dissatisfied with your camera (compared to P4P 4K). The detail retained in the shadows and highlights of your clip is fabulous, very "cinematic". Kudos!

[/QUOTE
Absolutely beautiful, video and music!!!

Thanks everyone!
I’m recovering from surgery at the moment, and unable to go out and do much of anything for awhile. However when I’m strong enough to move around again, I’m planning on taking another trip to the mountains and film some more scenery of the local area. Please look forward to it!

Hello from Ashe County,NC
Must have been late summer (August) as leaves are green and fog in August in the Valley’s are predominate. Great job and hopefully will bring more green $$'s to our TarHeel State. Thanks for posting

Hello from Ashe County,NC
Must have been late summer (August) as leaves are green and fog in August in the Valley’s are predominate. Great job and hopefully will bring more green $$'s to our TarHeel State. Thanks for posting

Yep! It’s actually snowing up there right now... already a few inches on the ground. Unfortunately I had to send in my p3 controller due to an update attempt failure/bug. Won’t be able to get any drone footage of it [emoji20] but at least they’re fixing it for free! I’m sure there will be more opportunities in the near future.Thanks for the comment.

This is a great video! I particularly love the low clouds scenes. Super job!

HermitPurple
You have found your calling. Beautiful video, smooth transitions, great music......well done my friend! [emoji41]

Absolutely fantastic, reminded me of traveling through the parkway by motorcycle. Thank you for noting the camera setting filter Etc

Amazing footage! Nice slow moves. Good camera movement. And an awesome location. You could probably sell this footage and fetch a pretty high dollar.

No constructive feedback necessary. I’d say you pretty much nailed it! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic