Firnware Update issue?

Reaction score
Anyone had problems with the new v1.9.60 firmware update? Firstly downloading the zip file on my mac automatically turns it into a bin file (which I know is what I want) but is this normal? I though you had to unzip it on the computer? Then once it has been put onto a formatted SD card placed in the P3P switched on absolutely nothing happens?

Any ideas/top tips please!

Check out this thread.

FYI, you can edit the title of your thread.

Although traditionally every FW came with some bad issues, 1.9 appear to be exceptionally triggered.

Thanks, but is this a fault of the firmware or my updating processes? Tried several downloads on different SD cards?

Whats the general consensus? The craft is flying perfectly so shall I forget it till the next update?

Thanks, but is this a fault of the firmware or my updating processes?
If there is not a TXT log file on your memory card after you attempt to install the update, then you're not properly copying the BIN file to the root of the memory card.

Yes remote is off and the bin file is being dragged and dropped in the same way I've always done it before during successful attempts?

Rather puzzled!!

Do you see a TXT file on the memory card after attempting to update the firmware?

No, plus the drone just boots up normally, no audio (der, der der etc...) or red/green flashing light, just steady green!

No, plus the drone just boots up normally
That usually means one of the following things:
  • The BIN is not in the root of the memory card
  • The BIN for the wrong Phantom model is in the root of the memory card
  • The Phantom cannot read the memory card

Reactions: Rich M-S
Panic over chaps, thanks for your help, just uploaded the bin file for the millionth time and for some bizarre reason it worked!!
No change in technique!!
Bloody IT!!
Haha :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl