Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

You have to go to the DJI website and download the FW update zipped file to your computer and then unzip the file to "P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin".

What I do is keep one MSD card just with the latest FW, so I take that SD card and place the new bin file on the root level of the card also delete the old TXT file from the card.

Than insert the card in the P3 and turn it on, the update took me about 10 minutes, the DDDD,DDDD... sound and flashing light show it is updating, towards the end the lights went out for about a minute and then came back solid green with the D-DD,D-DD... sound in stead of DDDD... sound. This means it is done, turn off the batt and back on again and you are done. Now the RC will work fine with the P3.

This is pretty much how all updates work. You may have to update all your Lipos as well, use the same procedure for each Lipo.

This shows the log .TXT file after updates. The 3 after FW updates was me checking if Lipos needed updating, mine did not.
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.04.09 14:57:05 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.04.09 14:57:53 =====================

It is easy once you get the routine down. The last batch of FW updates have all worked the same, and very smoothly at least for me. Actually I have never had a problem updating any FW, the only time I had a problem was with the GOapp and just removing and reinstalling the GOapp from my iPadmini2 that worked perfectly as well.

My P3P behaves perfectly after this update just like it dd after every other one. I think it works great for the majority of us and we only read the horror stories.
It's his rc that has the problem, not the bird. The bird was done successfully. People have to read more carefully. For the rc problem I would force quit the go app as many times as it takes to get the rc update needed message, while your tablet is connected to the internet of course. Deleting the go app, restating the tablet, and installing the latest version could help if nothing else is.

Sure, here ya go!

Wow you must have a lot of fans following your progress. lol!

Ok thanks I'll look it over this afternoon.

1.8 no longer lets you use Litchi?

No you can still use litchi, just not 3rd party batteries. on DGO 2.6 is stopped you but litchi still let you. Know they have hardwired the restriction into the firmware rather than the software. They should warn you of this

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 15.27.52.jpg
It's his rc that has the problem, not the bird. The bird was done successfully. People have to read more carefully. For the rc problem I would force quit the go app as many times as it takes to get the rc update needed message, while your tablet is connected to the internet of course. Deleting the go app, restating the tablet, and installing the latest version could help if nothing else is.

On an iOS iPad you have to uninstall the GOapp as I stated in my post and reinstall the new one from the APPstore this will fix any problems you have with the app, I wrote that in my post. The latest version on iOS is 2.7.1.

Mordor this firmware tempt me... if it didn't have NFZ inside i would have updated this time probably

Learn the lessons from the past.....
For example, non DJI batteries don`t work.....but they work on ours.....

Let the dust set down ;-)

Don`t fall the dark side......yet!

Thanks Olof and shockwave, I forced the app to close, fully charged the controller and it came up when I went back in to it.

All updated and working, will try a flight in the week.

Well, I think I'm staying on 1.06.0040 for now. I'm tempted to upgrade for the encryption and gimbal stability, but the 1.06.004 is the last firmware version before NFZ. Since I use my P3Pro commercially, have agreements with airports and a few special FAA COA's, I can fly in many areas that I worry the firmware would restrict me. Once a firmware arrives that fully implements GEO and the ability to unlock (without using a beta), I will consider it.

I turned off auto updates from the app store on my dedicated flight iPad Air 2, so I'm still running DJI Go version 2.4.3 I believe any later versions of the app dump the NFZ data into the bird, so I am avoiding this (not sure if NFZ come from app or firmware or both, but I think from app).

Here is my question: If I remain on 2.4.3 DJI GO app, can I upgrade the Bird and RC without having to deal with the NFZ problem, or will that firmware reject the old GO app forcing me to update the app and getting the NFZ issue. Any insight would be appreciated.

Any one want to buy a third party battery ;-( cannot find any way to downgrade to 1.7 on the bird an to RC

Not sure if I'm following correctly, but you can downgrade both the A/C and the R/C to the previous version within both units.

The A/C can be downgraded by placing the previous version BIN file on a clean SD card and load A/C firmware as normal.

The R/C can be downgraded by switching on the R/C and phone/tablet with WiFi access and opening the DJI Go app front page. Touch and hold the little "Cap" in the top right hand corner for 5-6 seconds and then release. You should then see a new screen with the option to downgrade to the previous R/C firmware.

RC-Firmware1.jpg

RC-Firmware.jpg

Learn the lessons from the past.....
For example, non DJI batteries don`t work.....but they work on ours.....

Let the dust set down ;-)

Don`t fall the dark side......yet!
I'm quiet sure I'll never buy a non genuine battery for many reasons...comes from china and here in italy with customs and taxes you finish to pay them few euro less than the original so don't worth for all the risks involved.

NFZ makes me wait, some things make me tempted to update.

Differences in the pictures of FCPhantom are HUGE...

Well, I think I'm staying on 1.06.0040 for now. I'm tempted to upgrade for the encryption and gimbal stability, but the 1.06.004 is the last firmware version before NFZ. Since I use my P3Pro commercially, have agreements with airports and a few special FAA COA's, I can fly in many areas that I worry the firmware would restrict me. Once a firmware arrives that fully implements GEO and the ability to unlock (without using a beta), I will consider it.

I turned off auto updates from the app store on my dedicated flight iPad Air 2, so I'm still running DJI Go version 2.4.3 I believe any later versions of the app dump the NFZ data into the bird, so I am avoiding this (not sure if NFZ come from app or firmware or both, but I think from app).

Here is my question: If I remain on 2.4.3 DJI GO app, can I upgrade the Bird and RC without having to deal with the NFZ problem, or will that firmware reject the old GO app forcing me to update the app and getting the NFZ issue. Any insight would be appreciated.
NFZ are in the firmware...that means even using third party app you have these limitations. I asked that to litchi developer. In the opposite case i would have update to 1.8 without think...

Reactions: DrJoe
When this happens you've to calibrate your device (tablet or phone) compass by rotating it in all directions, not your phantom.
For android devices many have built in compass calibration.

Go to your phone dial pad and enter: *#0*#

Select "Sensors" and scroll down to compass. There will be a small compass with a number. If it is not "3" rotate your phone on all axis. Each time you will feel a vibration. Move to the next axis.

When completed correctly there should be a "3" and the compass should point north.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

NFZ are in the firmware.
Thank you for that clarification. I do remember once the app updated beyond 2.4.3, it forced an update onto the Phantom... big ta-do on the boards.

Either way, I'm upgrading neither the Remote, A/C or app until DJI gets this all straightened out and I can quickly and easily fly in an NFZ.

Did all updates and no issues on my end. Can't say I am goofing around with all the other features and so on as it seams most of you are.

For filming desert offroad trips the updates don't effect what I am doing.

LG Tablet
Phantom 3 pro

Yes (P3A). With firmware 1.4 pictures was out of focus. I do not know, why, but with 1.18 and 1.19 picts was like now.

1.8 picture is edited with Photshop Elements 13 and it is iso 100, the 1.4 picture is iso 400 and straight from the camera...is not the same to make possible to choose

I use ISO 100 and RAW with 1.4fw and dont have any of those issues.....

StevenQX:
You are right about batteries taxes. However, on banggood, those are great and users give 100% report, if better than originals.

I wait from RMA.......hope they don`t update.
If note i have to live with that....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor