Firmware Updates at Start Up

Reaction score
Just received my P3P back from DJI repair & of course they installed the newest firmware update. The firmware update is still in my sd card along with the results text says it was successful & up to date. When I set up to fly it always wants to update again, getting that beeping alert sound & the red light is flashing, never use to do this before with my older version that was installed. I use to activate everything, let it warm up, then fly. Now it constantly wants to update & I have to shut everything down and start again in hopes that it doesn't do it again, sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. When I set up to fly I have a sequence I follow, turn on tablet & DJI Go app, activate remote, then P3P last. Am I missing something here? I've read that its good to leave the firmware update on the card in case you need it later but now its giving me problems. Any suggestions? Maybe just format the card & not have the firmware update in storage. BTW never done that before, can I re-format the card using the app for the P3P or does it have to be done on a pc?

It's probably trying to update the firmware on your batteries.

Yeah that might be possible. I did contact DJI and asked them when it was in repair if I would need to update the batteries & they told me no, I kinda found that strange. I've contacted DJI a few times in the past & got mixed responses to questions I asked. Sometimes I think they say anything because they really don't want to admit they don't always have the correct answer or want to go a step further. I can honestly say that I did get someone one time who was a real help, wish I had their extension. Thanks for your help-

How long did you let the beeping continue?

Interrupted it once it started, ran approx 10-15 secs, thought it was trying to update P3P firmware, never occurred to me it could be a battery update because DJI told me it wasn't necessary, I have 3 batteries that's why I contacted them to advise.

If it is a battery update, it should complete within a few minutes. It's a good idea to update the batteries if they need to be updated.

Yeah I agree...but again I can't get a definitive answer as to if they even need it. Is there or has there been a battery update from the original firmware(v1.3.20) that came with my P3P a little over a year ago?

The last noted battery update was in the 1.9.60 firmware release. You can find more details in the firmware release notes on the P3P downloads page.

You're likely wasting your time with DJI support. Battery updates should take no more than a few minutes to complete. Cycle all of your batteries through your Phantom and then delete the BIN file from your Phantom's memory card if you'd like.

Thanks again for the info, think I'll do just that since my batteries were before that update. Before going on the forum I did go to the P3P Download Page looking for anything about a battery update but did not see anywhere that said it was in the 1.9.60 firmware release. Versions on the left side of the page & documents & manuals on the right side. Can't believe that their own rep couldn't tell me that. It seems like a pretty easy question to answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers