Firmware update fail, imu error, gimbal bias

Reaction score
Just got the phantom 3 last week and I have been flying it fine without the update. All of a sudden I get a error message talking about the gimbal bias to large.... and the imu won't calibrate. This happened a few minutes after I messed around with the Poi and Waypoint Feature.

So I decided to update the firmware. It doesn't matter which firmware I drag onto the Sd card. It will never go into an update mode. It's almost like it doesn't recognize anything. BTW I am plugging the drone directly into my computer to update rather than using a card reader.... since that didn't seem to work either. Any help or suggestions ?? Thanks !

For an accurate advise. Please indicate your current FW version before your upgrade.

Need a fresh SD card for the upgrade make sure you format the SD card.
Download the latest FW and make sure you put the BIN file on the SD

By the way you need to upgrade first the Remote FW on the DJI Go Apps.
Not an expert but this is what I did and have success FW Upgrade

You are way off on everything. There is only one way things work, and it is never your way. You do not use a card reader to begin with. Did you read any instructions? The firmware is the only thing you will have on the microSD card. No folders, no other files, nothing. You place the firmware .bin file on the card and install in the gimbal mount location for the card. Make sure you have more then 50% battery charge. And power on the aircraft. Process will take 20-25mins. It will make noises you may not like hearing. When you hear the 3 beep sequence you will be done. Sounds like "De...De.De....De....De.De". If you are updating the batteries, the one in aircraft will update same time the aircraft updates. If you have more then one battery needing updated, leave the microSD installed. Power up the aircraft again, this time it will not takes as long to load just battery firmware. You can remove the firmware from the microSD card and place it back in gimbal.

Next update GO App. Then by using Go app, update the Remote Controller. Once finished calibrate everything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie