Firmware update 5/03/2015

Reaction score
Have any of you done the update and flown it?
Or do you happen to know specifically what it updated? What particular bugs or whatnot.

I hope it fixed the gimbal not being level. I tried to recalibrate mine after an imu advanced calibration and it was still not all the way leveled. I had to mess with the roll settings to get it correct but every time I fire up the bird, the settings are lost. So I have to do it again for every flight. Anyone else has this issue and doesn't have it with the new firmware?

Mine works great. I'm not updating just to be safe lol

Updated the firmware and flew tonight. Still had to level the gimbal. Everything seemed to behave just like the last firmware. Luckily the UAV did not spontaneous explode like some people warned would happen by quickly updating...

Found this on I1 board.

"What we found is as follows; when you calibrate your IMU, you have to do it on the most level surface possible. If you perform this operation on a surface that is a couple degrees off the gimbal will calibrate to that off positioning. Get yourself a level and make a surface such as a small table and make it as perfect as you can. Then initiate the IMU calibration. Then on the same surface calibrate the gimbal. We found this to be a major stop gap measure to the issue of gimbal to drone positioning in the whole calibration process."

I'll try creating a perfectly level surface, re-calibrate, and see if this fixes the tilt issue I'm having.

Reactions: envisionabove
Found this on I1 board.

"What we found is as follows; when you calibrate your IMU, you have to do it on the most level surface possible. If you perform this operation on a surface that is a couple degrees off the gimbal will calibrate to that off positioning. Get yourself a level and make a surface such as a small table and make it as perfect as you can. Then initiate the IMU calibration. Then on the same surface calibrate the gimbal. We found this to be a major stop gap measure to the issue of gimbal to drone positioning in the whole calibration process."

I'll try creating a perfectly level surface, re-calibrate, and see if this fixes the tilt issue I'm having.

Been thinking of this as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20