Find my phantom2+ How accurate

Reaction score
My phantom2 V+ flew over small road n into a thick brush n trees. The find my phantom app shows the red pin n I navigated the blue circle to the pin and searched but with no luck. How wide of an area is normal from red pin? Thanks

Doing that before with my P2V I found mine and was in 15' but was hard to see .
Now I have got to it and be right on it and found it over my head in a cedar tree . Had to climb up and get it .
Welcome to the forum . :)

Reactions: truster and J Dot
Mine was within 15', more like 10-12', but a good circumference!
Believe it or not , being bright white, they are extremely hard to see in thick brush! Don't forget to look up! Mine was about 8' up, in a bush! And I mean IN a bush! Take some friends with you, make a line ( side by side ) and walk a grid pattern! Like they do I search and rescue procedures. Cover the entire area!

Hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

Dang DIRK,
Quick on the DRAW! Again!
Yeah, what he saido_O

J Dot
:cool:
cowboy gun shooting smiley.gif

Reactions: J Dot
Last time I lost a quad it was about a quarter of a mile away from where the app said it was. Reason, the craft went haywire and stopped sending telemetry back to the app.

Reactions: truster
Doing that before with my P2V I found mine and was in 15' but was hard to see .
Now I have got to it and be right on it and found it over my head in a cedar tree . Had to climb up and get it .
Welcome to the forum . :)
Here is a tough question. My app still shows the blue circle of the drones whereabouts. If someone found my drone and took it would the app still show me the location of drone

Here is a tough question. My app still shows the blue circle of the drones whereabouts. If someone found my drone and took it would the app still show me the location of drone
The quad wifi would need to be connected to the app for its location to be sent, mine showed as connected even though it can't have been as the battery had popped out on landing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga