FatShark Dominators Arrived

Reaction score
My FatShark Dominators just arrived today. I'm stoked to fly with them. I'm heading over to a friend's shop after work. It's a nice big, tall indoor garage without a lot of obstructions.

Ok. I'm curious. How are you connecting them to your phantom. And more importantly. What kind of phantom do you have. And what app will you be using ? I have a standard. Abc just would like to follow your progress. I ordered hootoo goggles and used fpv camera for dji. But I get weak signal as I think the app is designed for pro or advance only. Not standard any advice you have will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm using it with my P3S.You simply connect to the Phantom through the video out on your tablet.
I use an iPad Mini 4 so I had to get the Apple lightning to HDMI adapter.

I've only used it with the DJI Go app but I believe it replicates in the Goggles whatever is on the tablet screen. So you may also be able to use them for VR apps.

I'm using it with my P3S.You simply connect to the Phantom through the video out on your tablet.
I use an iPad Mini 4 so I had to get the Apple lightning to HDMI adapter.

I've only used it with the DJI Go app but I believe it replicates in the Goggles whatever is on the tablet screen. So you may also be able to use them for VR apps.
Really. You used the dji go app as well? Yes I have iPad Air and I know one can use lightning to hdmi adapter. But from all I read. There is a black border that shows up on the goggles doing it like that. How does it look when you use it? Full screen and immersive ? Some one also said it looked better using iPhone.

Yes there are black borders on each side. I'd love to hear if its the same on Android devices. I have a Galaxy Tab Pro, maybe I'll try it with that.
To get that fully immersive feel you'd need to get the right kind of camera and transmitter on a 1.3 g band. I was considering making a removable camera, transmitter and battery pack to use on the P3S.

From all I e researched. Using the iPhone helps with the border over the iPad. That's why I was asking. I am trying goggles from hootoo with fpv camera for dji instead of dji go app. I believe that will help you in your case with borders. The problem I'm getting is weak signal with the app as I'm not using hdmi with hootoo. It is wifi. So your may be much better with the right app designed for glasses.

Reactions: OrderFromChaos
Thanks Tony! My iPhone 6S does look much better. There is still a small border but much better

FatShark, Headplay and other FPV Goggles will work with the Phantom 3 Standard.

1) Acquire Phantom 3 Standard and FPV Goggles with HDMI in.
2) Apple users need a lightning to HDMI adapter
3) Connect Goggles to your devices mini-HDMI port.
4) Make sure Goggles are in I/O mode. In my case FatShark's, switch the transmitter/IO button to I/O
5)Power up your controller, your tablet/smartphone (I had to use my iPhone, not my iPad due to border issues) and the P3S
6)Attach FatShark Goggles to their battery
7)On the FatShark, to get the best view, I use HDMI 2D

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Glad to hear it is much better with iPhone. Now I'm set if I can finish this purchase on a pro from another member.

Reactions: OrderFromChaos
I am looking to purchase a set of FPV Goggles. I read about your Fat Shark Dominator experience and appreciate the detail you all got into. However, I have a P3S and I like the idea of using my Samsung Note 3 in a Zeiss VR One. I don't know if the VR One will work for a P3S. Do any of you have info on that?

I am looking to purchase a set of FPV Goggles. I read about your Fat Shark Dominator experience and appreciate the detail you all got into. However, I have a P3S and I like the idea of using my Samsung Note 3 in a Zeiss VR One. I don't know if the VR One will work for a P3S. Do any of you have info on that?
Yes the Carl Zeiss VR goggles will work as well. I ale most got those. Remember on the p3s it depends on the setup. Samsung being android I am not sure if there is a hdmi hookup for Carl Zeiss goggles. If not it will connect using wi-fi like in be dji go app. However you will need another app to allow the screen to be split. Like fpv camera for dji. On they app which is great. I'm getting weak signal. I also have the cardboard app. Which gives me split screen. But I am not sure how to use yet in the go app. I will know for sure Friday. After my goggles come in. If not. I will just buy some fat sharks. When my new pro come in the mail as well.

thanks for the input. I just found out the VR one will only work for IPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy 5 or above.

Really. How much did you pay for the Zeiss goggles and does it require a hdmi cable ?

I haven't purchased it yet but the price is $129.00 . With the P3S there is no need for an HDMI cable to show the realtime video so I assume there is no need for one when using the VR One. The issue I see is, how does one use the Go app features when the phone is in the goggles? I expect one would have to remove the tray housing the phone,,, make the selection and then put it back into the goggles.

I see. It's not an issue. You have to download the app fpv camera for dji. Which is like the go app. Same. Controls and everything except it will spilt the screen for each eye.

In the App Store or I whatever you use for android devices. It is there. It is not free. I think I paid 6 bucks. Plus another 8 for the fpv goggle portion.
Although no mention of standard. It does work. As I used It. I did get weak video signal message. Don't know why. Maybe because of the wifi in he standard.

e04b6af293bf445d2053a60f9a3ebdd5.jpg

I also just find this app. But I think it is specifically for the Zeiss VR one and advance or pro.
82a6742724832c4b86eb354f0cb13364.jpg

Here's the last. But kind of expensive. With no reviews.
d0749e5210b8767215685bd7a91ede8a.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers