FAA Request to fly in airspace

This system is supposed to be implemented this fall and opened up further by next spring. Is that what you mean?
Yes, that is what I meant. Using Airmap will be a big plus. Hope it comes soon. In the meantime I wait for authorization (over 3 months) for what will be "instant".

I just got off the phone with an FAA rep and my Wide Area Authorization for KAVL (Class Charlie) will be approved and to me in 24hrs. Submitted June 2017 and getting approved end of October 2017.

For those interested, the LAANC system is live and provides instant authorization for commercial operations at 4 airports, right now. You can create a user login (for free) at AirMap or Skyward and get authorization to fly today. This is what we've been asking for and it is real. I applied for and received authorization to fly a test section outside of Reno and it took about 25 seconds to get authorization after pushing the button. You will need to enter your Part 107 pilot information and register, so this is not for hobby users.

For those working around Reno, San Jose, Lincoln, and Cincinnati, you're the first to use the system. More airports will be added soon. This is not a test, this is the future!

Hey guys!
I work at Skyward - it can be a little tricky to find our pilot accounts on the website (we are focused on enterprises but believe that the airspace is a 'public good' if you will and want to make sure those that want or need to use our map or LAANC services can - no matter their business size). You can get a direct link here: www.skyward.io/signup

Cheers,

Jess

Congrats Roadking!
Still waiting here but yours being approved is encouraging

Reactions: BigAl07
Congratulations to you! It gives me hope. I have 7 waivers awaiting approval, it's been about 90 days

Anyone fill out a the Request to fly in Airport Airspace form on line recently and received a notification?

I filled one out last week and haven't received the notification that the request was entered.

I filled one out for Tampa Int Airport and revived it back within 30 mins

For anyone with a request pending or about to fill one out you may want to check out the latest link in this thread and review it:

FAA Links

Thanks BigA107 for the heads up. Good info for anyone looking to submit through the FAA's site right now.
I was pretty thorough with those requirements when I submitted my request in Aug. Keeping my finger's crossed that I hear back from them in the coming week.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94