FAA Request to fly in airspace

Reaction score
Anyone fill out a the Request to fly in Airport Airspace form on line recently and received a notification?

I filled one out last week and haven't received the notification that the request was entered.

Patience "grass-hoppa"

You'll get a notification confirming recpt in a week or four. Then once it's entered into "The System" you'll get another one (neither of which you can reply to). Then in 90 - 120 days you'll get notification of the Accept/Deny.

I put in a request four weeks ago. My request was to fly within the limits of the new data maps. Two weeks later I did get a note that the request was received. Nothing since but I'm hopeful. I thought that since I was using the new maps it would be quicker. Someday it will be instant.

Update: I received an email today with a log number and confirmation. It said do not reply to this email.
Making progress.
I submitted 6/22/207 and got my "Tracking/Log#" yesterday. Hopefully it won't be too long now.

Still no decision on a request that I submitted in Feb!

Reactions: BigAl07
Apparently so! I'm going to resubmit it.

Reactions: Kentrol72
I just received both notifications today. Yes plural, lol, because I thought I didn't submit the request I was typing up on 7/26/17 but apparently I did.

Same here. They must have minimal staffing to review the requests.

Update - still no word. Over 2 months. I thought that since AirMap said ok under 400’ it would be a quicker turnaround.
Hey Roadking, just out of curiosity, when you penned your request, did you do it for a specific address or for an area of operations? I used a specific address but the intent is for the area in the vicinity.

If we need to file these for specific work sites, at this rate of review, it doesn't make much since.

I'm sitting at 89 days (Today 9/21/2017) and still nothing more than the automated notification.

Whewwwww hurry up and wait.

Reactions: DaPeeps
Hey Roadking, just out of curiosity, when you penned your request, did you do it for a specific address or for an area of operations? I used a specific address but the intent is for the area in the vicinity.

If we need to file these for specific work sites, at this rate of review, it doesn't make much since.
I filed it for an area about a half mile in diameter. AirMap (and FAA new data map) shows it as ok under 400’, so I figured it would be a quick turnaround.

Reactions: BigAl07
I filed it for an area about a half mile in diameter. AirMap (and FAA new data map) shows it as ok under 400’, so I figured it would be a quick turnaround.

The flaw in that logic is thinking as if they are being logical about this LOL

Reactions: YogiFlyer
I submitted 7 waivers just over two weeks ago, I got three back the end of last week and two more this week. Just the acknowledgement with the number, so they do take a while. Still waiting on number 7 LOL

I submitted 2 waivers about 2 weeks ago, and got an email within about 2 days acknowledging receipt. However I probably won't need them by the time they come through. However since my request was in part time Delta Airspace, I can work around ATC hours if I have to (reverts to Golf)

My last FAA request took 108 days from start to approval. I think I got one or two emails along the way that said it was "in the system" and processing. This was an area that was on the outer edge of Surface Class E airspace and in one of the 400' boxes on the new facility maps; I requested a maximum height of 200' for the mission. It's also in the desert, so there are no things to consider on the ground. It's about as remote as can be and outside of an airport that sees very little traffic. Basically, it should have been a 3 minute review, but the system is very slow...

Almost wonder if they actually have a division of members dedicated to reviewing UAS requests.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan