Everywhere I go people have questions about quads

D

DrewFlies

So far I educated 5/5 people that came up to me and asked about the quad I was flying. In all honesty I lost 5 very nice potential shots because my battery would run out as I was demonstrating to the uneducated people about the Phantom 3. Very nice positive experience. Funny part is I have all the incidents caught on camera with obviously no sound lol. That would be a nice compilation.

Talk to people that come around you instead of looking like a creep flying around a "drone" which they obviously know has a camera.. Most of the people approach me.

Talk to them in sign language

Thumbs up for calling it a quad and not the d-word! :)

So far all my experiences have been positive too, but I ask people if they want to come and take a look and openly invite them over in a friendly way if they're curious but don't have the courage to come over when I can see they are interested/curious/concerned.

I also always fly with a buddy though, so someone can watch my back while I'm watching my quad, just in case I do run into the village nutter!

Plan for the worse and hope for the best!

Just put some big poofy headphones on and pretend your talking to air traffic control.

Quit drawing attention to yourself. Stay away from parks and such. I had a couple cute girls walk up to me but I'm almost 50 and married but if you are young and single it could be a good chick magnet. :p

So far I educated 5/5 people that came up to me and asked about the quad I was flying. In all honesty I lost 5 very nice potential shots because my battery would run out as I was demonstrating to the uneducated people about the Phantom 3. Very nice positive experience. Funny part is I have all the incidents caught on camera with obviously no sound lol. That would be a nice compilation.

Talk to people that come around you instead of looking like a creep flying around a "drone" which they obviously know has a camera.. Most of the people approach me.
The best part of ownership;)

I've had quite a few of these, and some interesting conversations on various levels. Some with people who have obviously researched but yet to take the leap with brand new 'oooh that's cool' types.

The only one I HAVEN'T enjoyed is the last one where a 10 year old kid wandered up where the conversation went:
'Is that the phantom 3?'
'Yes it is actually' < I'm somewhat impressed at this point that a ~10 year old could spot that.
'My dad's getting me one for me and my friends to play with. We live on a long street so it'll be fun. How fast does it go?' < Quick turnaround of impressions and get concerned about my ability to safely operate the quad whilst my head is in my hands.

'Dad' wasn't there but I did have a bit of a chat to his mother. They weren't bad people but the overly indulge the somewhat brat-ish single child type. In the end it wasn't truly negative, I think mum might be off to get a small nano quad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic