Issues with my replacement P4P / DJI Care Refresh vs Warranty Service turnaround time?

Reaction score
My previous P4Ps were rock solid. I could always count on them to provide me with great photos and very little to no problems. Pilot error caused the last one to have a little run-in with some branches then drop about 30' to the ground so I had to send it in to DJI for a Care Refresh replacement. The "new" bird has had problems since I received it.

The first issue is ongoing. That is no image transmission. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it will go out then come back. I've also had times when the image would be gone until I landed then restarted the bird. Another issue with the camera is it will either point towards one of the skids after the image signal goes out or it will be randomly moving around. This happened again when I was flying this evening. I recorded my iPad's screen incase DJI would like to see it. The next issue is zebra lines. I never had this problem with my other two P4Ps. I used them to shoot sunsets without making any adjustments. The pictures were fine. This one is hit or miss. Light colored objects or the sky can look fine. Or, they will be full of lines. I tried changing the settings. I think the photos are to dark when I get to the point where the lines are gone. I haven't flown much in the last few weeks. Mainly because I consider it unreliable. Today was a nice day so I took the bird with me when I went out. I experienced everything above plus a message that said gamble motor overload.

At this point I think it should go back to DJI before my warranty is over. That will be towards the end of August. The turnaround time when I sent the other one in for DJI Refresh was one week. I was happy with that! I've read posts from people that said their bird was gone for 4-5 weeks when they sent it in for regular warranty repairs. I can wait a few weeks but I'd like to bring it when I go on vacation the beginning of August. Plus I don't want to lose 1/3 of the Summer. Is 4-5 weeks normal for that? My other option is to use my last DJI Refresh so I get it back quick. I'll have to pay some money but that will be cheaper than me buying another bird if I don't want to be without one for to long.

What do you think?

Bumping to see if anyone has suggestions for the bird or feedback on the time it will take to get this taken care of. I've been avoiding contacting DJI but there are to many issues so I've hardly used it. The weeks that I haven't used it could have been used to get it fixes/replaced. Sucks that it could take 4-5 weeks.

Bumping to see if anyone has suggestions for the bird or feedback on the time it will take to get this taken care of. I've been avoiding contacting DJI but there are to many issues so I've hardly used it. The weeks that I haven't used it could have been used to get it fixes/replaced. Sucks that it could take 4-5 weeks.
I don't have any experience with DJI warranty service, but the first thing I would do personally, is to contact DJI directly and see what they suggest, that won't lock you out of any options, and at least you'll have a better idea of where you stand. There's no way I would put it off and not be able to fly.

I believe I spoke with an overseas rep who gave me scripted answers the last time I contacted DJI. I didn't get much help there.

I believe I spoke with an overseas rep who gave me scripted answers the last time I contacted DJI. I didn't get much help there.
From what you said, it definitely sounds like a straight forward warranty issue. I've only used Care Refresh once, and in my case they looked at it first to see if the damage was covered by warranty, before they determined that it was not. I'm willing to bet that going the Care Refresh route will get your foot in the door sooner than a straight up warranty claim.

DJI_0297.JPG

Most of tonight's photos and videos are junk. I didn't have this problem while shooting fireworks last year. Contacting DJI tomorrow.

Reactions: Ripper7620
From what you said, it definitely sounds like a straight forward warranty issue. I've only used Care Refresh once, and in my case they looked at it first to see if the damage was covered by warranty, before they determined that it was not. I'm willing to bet that going the Care Refresh route will get your foot in the door sooner than a straight up warranty claim.

I guess I'll have to pay to get it back sooner. $149 to go that route.

I sent the bird to DJI. They say it needs a Camera Power Board. What do you think?

They want me to pay $20.00. It's not a lot but I shouldn't have to pay anything so I'm going to call them in a few minutes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor