Ever been cut from you blades?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I've never been cut from my Phantom 3 Blades, I've been hurt, but not cut. However, the little DJI Spark cut me really deep! Ever been cut from you blades?

I can't imagine the Spark doing too much damage with the folding blades when it's hovering. I hit leaves of a light branch and it fell to the ground with a couple of leaves cut off. Small cut on a finger if you put it into the blades I guess (I can't imagine it not bleeding decently - **** a paper cut bleeds pretty well). I imagine it would hurt a lot hitting you in the head at 50 km/h though. Probably blind you and knock all your front teeth out etc.

I'd put it in the dangerous toy category if flown super fast.

I come from the RC heli world where the big 700-800 class helis would easily kill you if you were hit in the neck (let alone if a 5kg heli hit you at 180 km/h). Even the little 450's are dangerous.

I'm cautious with all RC flying machines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yip I had many close calls and couple good cuts,just recent I tried to shoo away a 3d helicopter before flying it into myself, got good cut on top of hand,man these are powerfull little suckers,makes phantoms look tame but have been cut good on thumb from p4,handcatch without full attention
1532294717490-824855595.jpg

That’s the way you can tell if someone who is flying RC planes, is an old timer. Having a stub on one hand or more, wasn’t that uncommon. I’m my old club, there was three guys with stubs from prop strikes.

I've never been cut from my Phantom 3 Blades, I've been hurt, but not cut. However, the little DJI Spark cut me really deep! Ever been cut from you blades?
Yes. By my Hubsan X4 H501C.

Attachments

• Hubsan X4 H501C 2017-03-02 - 01.jpg
    Hubsan X4 H501C 2017-03-02 - 01.jpg
    867.5 KB · Views: 295
Yes it happen to me made the silly mistake of trying to pick it up after a learning crash it drew blood. But I didn't blame the drone Phantom 3SE.

I got cut today. I had the drone on the seat next to me in my bass boat with everything turned off. The boats speed had 2 of the blades spinning and my left arm got to close and cut the back of my arm. I am on blood thinner so bled like a stuck hog..lol

That incident could have been much worse. Little guy was lucky it didn’t do more damage, or get into his eyes.

Hopefully those involved will step forward and accept their punishment. They should have known better......especially flying over kids in a park or playground.

Their apology wasn’t enough in my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20