ESC Status Error - Initial Diagnosis?

Reaction score
Hi, I recently crashed my phantom pro 3 into a tree. (whoops!)

2 of the propellers were damaged, so I replaced those and tried to start it up. It is able to turn on, pair with the remote and app, and transmit video. When it turns on, the back two lights are solid red. Any attempt to take off results in an ESC Status error message. I've updated the firmware on the drone and remote, but I haven't done any additional troubleshooting yet.

I have heard that the ESC status error could be a result of one of the motors being damaged, or the main board being damaged, or many other things such as the gimbal, etc. Is there a way to narrow down what is the issue in my case, so that I can order an appropriate replacement part? Is there any detailed diagnostic information about where the fault is?

For example, If it's only affecting the front left "motor" area, perhaps I could dismantle and swap the motor with the back right motor, and then see whether it thinks the error is in the front left (indicating a board problem) or back right (indicating a motor problem). This is just an example, and I don't really know whether these parts are interchangeable, but I was hoping to find something like this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

If the motors seem to be ok when rotated by hand (no appreciable run out or end float and the bearings aren’t binding) given the circumstances of the crash and high likelihood of motor obstruction the most likely culprit will be cooked mosfets in one more if the ESC inverter stages. Main board replacement is probably what you will be looking at. The motors are cheap (relative to the cost of a main board) so it wouldn’t hurt to get some in to test.

If the motors seem to be ok when rotated by hand (no appreciable run out or end float and the bearings aren’t binding) given the circumstances of the crash and high likelihood of motor obstruction the most likely culprit will be cooked mosfets in one more if the ESC inverter stages. Main board replacement is probably what you will be looking at. The motors are cheap (relative to the cost of a main board) so it wouldn’t hurt to get some in to test.
Thanks for the advice and analysis. I think what you said makes sense, so I'll probably end up having to replace the main board. But, I'll go through narrowing down the issue first to see if it is something similar

I once worked on a diagnosis diagram. It will give you some ways of narrowing down the issue:
Fix ESC Status Error on Ph3 Pro Ph3 Adv or Ph3 Std
This is wonderful, thanks! I'll work my way through the diagram and see what I can find.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4