ESC Status Error... HELP!!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Great forum, I've been reading through the posts and can't seem to find my answer, so does anyone have any ideas...
Ok, So, usual story... crashed into a bush, everything worked but no video link, downgrade FW etc etc
so then when I finally get it linked I get an ESC Status Error, I call a really helpful guy and between us we decide a new board is needed, so I buy a new board and fit it, fire her up... ESC Status Error... ughh
So i call the really helpful guy again and we decide on possibly a motor needs replacing, so I buy all 4, I replace them, fire her up... ESC Status Error... UGHHHH
Now then, one thing I had noticed was the missing start up jingle, but when I fitted the new motors this returned, the nice lady tells me home point is updated...and ready to take off, but I keep getting the ESC Status Error.
Have I missed something? any ideas welcome....
so in short, new board fitted, all 4 motors replaced... I am thinking maybe the Gimble ESC PCB is damaged..
Ideas ?

I could be a bad cable from the gimbal, they are the weak link in the P3. However that's only a guess, like your other replacements. I recommend you talk with someone that really knows what they're doing. If you're on the West coast Mike Holt fixes drones for cheap. He did a great job with my P3P, which I thought was a total loss, but $300 later and it's flying like new. PM me if you want he contact info. He's got a ton of parts for P3.

I'm in the UK, but thanks for the tip, I'll order a new set of cables (the cheapest part so far)
New shell £64 (there was a small crack so i thought I'd change it)
New battery compartment £9 (The tiny MB mounts snap real easy)
New MB £145
New motors x 4 £67

total spend so far...£285

Ah ok. Was thinking it may be beneficial to pick up a working 2nd hand unit for donor parts, standards go for around 300 complete. But not sure if the escs and motors are the same

Ive had that thought as well, but then theres no guarantees i'd be any better off, at least one good things come from all this, I'm a pretty dab hand at stripping and rebuilding P3A's now lol

Ive just ordered a Gimble PCB, ribbon cables, positioning module and a full set of replacement cables... only the WIFI PCB and I've made a brand new drone lol

Guys,

If you are having an ESC Error after a firmware update, please call us so that we can send you the firmware version 1.11.30. You can copy this via your SD card and update your aircraft. This will resolve the issue!!.. If this fails repeatedly please call us and send the log file for us to find a resolution for you.

Reactions: Roalac
Guys,

If you are having an ESC Error after a firmware update, please call us so that we can send you the firmware version 1.11.30. You can copy this via your SD card and update your aircraft. This will resolve the issue!!.. If this fails repeatedly please call us and send the log file for us to find a resolution for you.

Hello Raul. Yes, I am having this problem. Can you email me version 1.11.30? Thank you.

While intuitively it may seem pointless try an IMU calibration. This was claimed by ifixit to be a solution in some ESC error cases.

Another thing... Have you made sure you put the right motors in the right place? ESC is either board or motor problem. Best bet to do (I am in UK too) is to order cheap official motors from very.co.uk (£15 each) and also go to a site called aliexpress. Never had a problem at all with drone parts... Even mobile phones I got for £115 beats the Samsung galaxy 8 for my needs. Don't be afraid to buy overseas mate... After all... Everything you own comes from Asia... This way your not paying extra money on tax that the UK stings you for

Okay...You may access the Firmware 1.11.30 on the link below:

Link:
V1.11.30外发固件.7z
Guys,

Hi Raul, I am having this issue. I would like the firmware 1.11.30 - but I am concerned that it is not available as an official download on the DJI site. Is it safe to install this version?
Thanks,

Chris

The only difference between P3X_FW_V01.11.0030 and P3X_FW_V01.11.0020 is that the new firmware package has updated ESC firmwares (m1200 - m1203). The ESC module had FW 1.12, now has 1.13. The Chinese guy who prepared this package will likely have trouble - he forgot to encrypt the ESC firmwares. As far as I know, this is the first unencrypted P3X ESC firmware we've got.

Anyway, from my expertise - I confirm it comes from DJI and is legit.

Thank you!
I unarchived the 7z folder and found that it contained 2 files;

P3S_FW_V01.11.0030.bin
and
P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin

I installed the P3X one, but now the aircraft won't fly higher than 30m or further away than 50m, even though the beginner mode is off and the height is set to 120m.

Is this a product of the firmware? Should I use the P3S firmware instead?

Thank you!

Thanks for that Raul! I installed the P3X.. firmware in my P3P, which cured the ESC problem, but now the aircraft will not fly further than 50m away, nor more than 30m high, even though the "beginner mode" is switched off, and the maximum height is set to 120m.
Could this be due to the new firmware. Is there a setting that I have missed?
Also, there were 2 files in that zipped package; P3X.... and P3S.... which one should I be using? I used the P3X one first, which gave me the flight restriction problem, so I tried to install the P3S... package but the aircraft didn't recognise it!
Any help will be gratefully received, thank you!

Thanks for that Raul! I installed the P3X.. firmware in my P3P, which cured the ESC problem, but now the aircraft will not fly further than 50m away, nor more than 30m high, even though the "beginner mode" is switched off, and the maximum height is set to 120m.
Could this be due to the new firmware. Is there a setting that I have missed?
Also, there were 2 files in that zipped package; P3X.... and P3S.... which one should I be using? I used the P3X one first, which gave me the flight restriction problem, so I tried to install the P3S... package but the aircraft didn't recognise it!
Any help will be gratefully received, thank you!

Please provide your email address

Reactions: brigerdrones
now the aircraft won't fly higher than 30m or further away than 50m, even though the beginner mode is off and the height is set to 120m.
Sounds like the flight restrictions mentioned in the release notes.
Check out this post to see if it sheds any light.

Hi Oso, thanks very much for that info - it says I need to reinstall the DJI GO app, to lift the height/distance restrictions, which I have done.
I will try flying again tomorrow, but fingers crossed that will hopefully have fixed it.

Raul, thanks for the firmware. I will post tomorrow to let you know how it went.

Thanks again both,
Best regards
Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl