ESC error ?

Reaction score
After two months without any fly, the faboulus Error ESC appears and nothing found to fix it.

Someone has the solution ?

P3P

Thanks!

Do all four motors spin freely?
After two months of not flying, what state is your battery in, did you leave it fully charged during that time?
Turn on the battery, double press the "ON" button and hold it pressed. How many LED's light up?
Turn "OFF" then press and hold the "ON" button for FIVE seconds, how many LED's light up.....
This is just a start.............

Last edited:
After two months without any fly, the faboulus Error ESC appears and nothing found to fix it.

Someone has the solution ?

P3P

Thanks!
I had the same! Normally it’s corrosion in the electro engines not being used for a while and stored in a humid place.
I disassembled them and cleaned them with very fine sandpaper and alcohol. Also i sprayed them slightly with contactspray. Put them back together and errors where gone with engine smoothly running since then.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can request the firmware via DJI administrators and state model. Probably this FW has a different ESC logic to bypass a dirty coil but i still think in most cases the root cause are dirty or corroded stators. I had ESC error with often engines not starting at all and rarely 1 engine had trouble spooling up with sometimes engine started succesfully after 3th attempt or so. This only worked with that custom Firmware. After cleaning no poblems at all. Maybe you can check data logs to identify the faulty engine.

Last edited:
I had the same! Normally it’s corrosion in the electro engines not being used for a while and stored in a humid place.
Um, not sure about that. There is nothing in these motors where corrosion can get, the coils should be well insulated so are waterproof, you can actually run them under water! They have no commutators like the old DC motors......
See Nekenieh, it's a recognised glitch and, as usual, DJI have responded quickly with a firmware update.

IMG_0754.jpg

Well yes, they're made from iron which will rust but can't see how would cause an ESC error message, was long as the motor isn't seized. However, not a bad idea to clean them now and then I guess.

Maybe when enough rust causing some kind of friction between stator and magnets to cause obstructed motor message which i got occasionally as well beside the ESC problem. Just a thought

Could be I guess but as long as the rotor is free to rotate, shouldn't. I'm still waiting for a couple of electrically defective motors?

Normally one can feel the friction or different feel by turning the motors by hand but in my case i guess it was on the edge of being blocked intermittently.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31