Easy Beginner Video Editing

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for a good easy video editing software. I am running windows 10. I know there are really expensive nice ones out there that most of you use, but im looking only for something easy and user friendly to dabble around with. If its something I really enjoy as much as I think I will I will buy nice software when I "outgrow" the first one.

I'm a Mac user but I believe Windows has its own little video editor, I think it's pretty basic with cutting clips and adding music.

My Windows 10 machine didn't come with it installed, I installed it (windows movie maker) and it crashes more than it works and some of my videos won't copy over to it

movie maker should be fine, certainly for 1080p or less quality video. If you are using 4k or something really heavy it may be the specs of your system and not the software.

I used movie maker and got a video edited pretty easily. But of course Facebook didn't allow the format?? Is there a way to change to format to mod?

Never mind. With Movie Maker, after you finish your editing you have to scroll down and save as, the choose your option. It was actually pretty easy task.

Movie Maker is not bad for very basic video editing, if you ever decide to step up from Movie Maker I recommend Corel VideoStudio Pro. It's got more features than you will probably ever need, doesn't require a subscription, and is very easy to use. The best part is if you advance past the beginner stage VS Pro will continue providing features you didn't know you needed.

Reactions: ruirosa
It's not the cheapest, but I've been using Sony Vegas Pro for several revs now, and I really like it. It's good with video and audio, and you can add graphics, stills, all sorts of things. Pretty intuitive, too. I've found I don't have to consult "Help" too often.

Looking for suggestions for a good easy video editing software. I am running windows 10. I know there are really expensive nice ones out there that most of you use, but im looking only for something easy and user friendly to dabble around with. If its something I really enjoy as much as I think I will I will buy nice software when I "outgrow" the first one.

I have been using GoPro Studio for a while now (Free). Convert the clips from the Phantom and edit away, supports 4k as well.

Been using Movavi Video Suite on Windows 10 and it is great. Only downside of current version 16 is its 32-bit limitation, works well through full HD, 1080p60 and 4K at 100% speed, but freezes on accelerated 4K content at 200-300% speed. They are planning to release a 64-bit version late summer to fix accelerated 4K edits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic