DRONE WORLD....are they legit???

I'd be leary of a phantom with stickers lol. Mine has been perfect no cracks 1.5 million ft . Great range 3 miles out of the box but modified it now to get 5-6 miles. Drones etc even sent me 2 extra batteries for free when I bought . Perfect bird . I might be one of the lucky ones.

I'd be leary of a phantom with stickers lol.
That's super strange. If the bird does not look like the bird pictured on the front of the box, then it's most likely a secondhand bird. Or, the seller modified the bird before sending it.

Now I'm beginning to think maybe it did have the gold stickers on it because that glue residue is hard as hell to get it all off before I put a different color on it. But I can't remember now . I'm old my memory sucks

The color stickers they come with is a way to differentiate between the models. Until you change them that is. :) My daughter is trying to convince me to put the pink and purple stickers on instead of the gold.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am having very bad experiences with Drone-World right now. I got the "executive kit", over $3000 invested and of the 3 times I needed tech help and have emailed them, they have only answered the first time. My drone is currently unusable because of the "weak signal/no signal" issue. I'm pretty sure it's a long range antenna issue so calling DJI to get help won't do much good. I'm about 24 hours away from calling my credit card company, google protection services and DJI to figure out how to get my money back. Drone-World are crooks, just a warning for you!

Did you receive your executive package? How do you like it? Range ??

I got the executive package. Good stuff, but their tech help is terrible and the furthest I took mine was about a mile. I keep getting "weak signal" and "no signal" at times and it can sometimes be 20 feet away from me. Drone_World won't respond to my emails or calls. Looks like it's going to be a rough road ahead. I'd recommend not doing business with them.

Drone world kit is too pricey. You can buy that same setup piece by piece for less then 2100, that's including sending in your controller to dbs to mod it

Yeah I went with dbsmods.com. Absolutely the best service from chuck and he was the one that did all the research and development for itelite . Now there's other guys selling the same antenna for 4x or 5x more.

I got the executive package. Good stuff, but their tech help is terrible and the furthest I took mine was about a mile. I keep getting "weak signal" and "no signal" at times and it can sometimes be 20 feet away from me. Drone_World won't respond to my emails or calls. Looks like it's going to be a rough road ahead. I'd recommend not doing business with them.
I hate to hear that . Sounds like you need to file a complaint and try to get your money back. Stephen McKenna is the owner I'm sure if you went public with your complaint on facebook in one of the forums he will at least try to make it right. A bad reputation in this hobby will kill a business . Good luck I hope you get it worked out.

Reactions: SFAforester
It seems impossible to get a hold of anyone in that company. They don't answer their phones at all.

I hate to hear that . Sounds like you need to file a complaint and try to get your money back. Stephen McKenna is the owner I'm sure if you went public with your complaint on facebook in one of the forums he will at least try to make it right. A bad reputation in this hobby will kill a business . Good luck I hope you get it worked out.

Reactions: SFAforester
Yeah legit over priced rip off its all fluff,flora and fauna lots of money to be made as they say a fool and his money are soon parted be wise do ur research!!!!!

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Not sure if anyone is still following this, but I thought I'd post an update on my issue. Drone-World finally responded to my issue. I feel like they did so because of my complaint to "Google Trusted Store". But they did say they were swamped with orders in Christmas and that is why they have not responded. They overnighted me an RC and sent me a label to send back my original. After several attempts to connect the RC and the drone, I finally got it done. However the Weak Signal/No Signal still happened. I tried it at three different locations (no powerlines, wifi and cell turned off on my phone, etc), but no fix. I let Drone-World know that the issue was not resolved with a new RC. It took 5 days for them to respond, but they did send me a shipping label to send both the drone and the RC back to them to try and fix it. They promised to replace it if it can't be fixed. Since it's not the RC, it has to be in the antenna on the drone, but I'm at a loss to diagnose this problem. I'll send it to them and hopefully they will work on it quickly. But no doubt they need to work on their tech support communication.

Have you thought of trying to pair someone else's remote to verify that it is the drone antenna? I have their extended range remote mod and it works well.

Have you thought of trying to pair someone else's remote to verify that it is the drone antenna? I have their extended range remote mod and it works well.

That is what I had. Like I mentioned, I paired a new remote they sent me and it was the same issue. I tried it with the original RC then within 5 minutes tried it with the new one, same results. I even changed out my iphone cable and tried the airnest app too, but nothing fixed it. I have the extended antenna as well.

I meant an unmodded remote.

No, don't have any one else around with one like that. Sometimes the phantom will work for 10 minutes before it gives me the bad signal, sometimes I get it before I even takeoff. Weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20