Lost Drone

Reaction score
Hi all, well, I guess it’s my turn. I was working my way down the Northern California coast from Eureka back to San Fran. I had a whole days worth of footage and was taking some ocean shots at Coast Hwy Lookout, a nice vista spot where PCH once again meets the ocean just north of West Port beach.

In any case, I was doing a vista shot, flying diagonally to the shore line and hit the sea cliff. Stupid of me really, wasn’t paying attention for a moment, lost sight of the drone briefly and that was enough. The drone was 550 ft from the home point, however search as I might across the steep cliffs, I couldn’t find it and had to give up.

Once I got home and retraced the fight, coupled with a satellite image of the area, I now know exactly where it landed. It’s sitting across a small bluff, unfortunately no where close to where I was looking at the time. I am confident it’s generally undamaged, as I was able to connect to it and get a video feed while I was looking for it.

The issue is this area is about a 4 hour drive from where I live. So, a quick drive back up the coast is more like a day trip.

The drone is a PHP 4 (original model). I have had it for about 5 years. In fact, I was thinking about an upgrade, so this might just force the issue. That being said, I really want the footage on the SD card. It took a lot to capture it.

If anyone lives near that area, and would be willing to mail me the SD card, I can provide the sat image of where the drone is at. Based on the image, it’s in an accessible location, if you willing to climb a bit. You get a decent drone for the cost of a short hike, I get my footage. Not a bad deal.

Let me know.

• Sad
Reactions: ianzone

ianzone

**P4**
Reaction score
Oh big bummer
I'm in wrong country to help but hope you can retrieve it,,
Pitty you cant activate esc beeping from that distance,,if still powered up the drone will beep its head of till someone hears or finds it,,p4s has this feature so yours should aswell,,
Best of luck though,this is my worst fear aswell,good luck

Reaction score
Hi all, well, I guess it’s my turn. I was working my way down the Northern California coast from Eureka back to San Fran. I had a whole days worth of footage and was taking some ocean shots at Coast Hwy Lookout, a nice vista spot where PCH once again meets the ocean just north of West Port beach.

In any case, I was doing a vista shot, flying diagonally to the shore line and hit the sea cliff. Stupid of me really, wasn’t paying attention for a moment, lost sight of the drone briefly and that was enough. The drone was 550 ft from the home point, however search as I might across the steep cliffs, I couldn’t find it and had to give up.

Once I got home and retraced the fight, coupled with a satellite image of the area, I now know exactly where it landed. It’s sitting across a small bluff, unfortunately no where close to where I was looking at the time. I am confident it’s generally undamaged, as I was able to connect to it and get a video feed while I was looking for it.

The issue is this area is about a 4 hour drive from where I live. So, a quick drive back up the coast is more like a day trip.

The drone is a PHP 4 (original model). I have had it for about 5 years. In fact, I was thinking about an upgrade, so this might just force the issue. That being said, I really want the footage on the SD card. It took a lot to capture it.

If anyone lives near that area, and would be willing to mail me the SD card, I can provide the sat image of where the drone is at. Based on the image, it’s in an accessible location, if you willing to climb a bit. You get a decent drone for the cost of a short hike, I get my footage. Not a bad deal.

Let me know.
What town or zip code or hell even GPS coordinates would do lol is the drone in? I've got a couple buddies in Cali but it's a big **** state lol. Help me narrow down the area.

Reaction score
What town or zip code or hell even GPS coordinates would do lol is the drone in? I've got a couple buddies in Cali but it's a big **** state lol. Help me narrow down the area.

Hi Jjdun, the nearest town is Westport, CA (zip code 95488). The drone is just up north on PCH from that small town.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brayanokorner