DRONE WORLD....are they legit???

Reaction score
Hello all, my wife bought me the phantom three standard version however on Thanksgiving day I completely lost control of it thankfully when I hit the home button it returned home it was gone missing in action for approximately 14 minutes.

Therefore, I did my research and discovered that Drôme world had a package entitled the executive package. I'm new to the drone game, and I was inquiring if anyone could tell me if this website is legitimate I purchased the package using my PayPal account this was on Thanksgiving day.

I have made several attempts to try to contact representatives via email and telephone, to see when my package would arrive due to the fact that I had paid $95 extra to have it shipped overnight.

My question is has anyone ever heard of this website and are they legitimate?

All appears legitimate. There prices seem a little high but that package you ordered is loaded. I just ordered the carbon fiber props about 30 minutes ago because they were on sale. I think you will be very pleased with everything in that package especially the long range system. I'm dying to know what kind of software tweak those guys are doing over there. Post your results with that system if you get a chance. Probably the holiday delayed the shipment. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Happy safe flying!!

Yes, they are an authorized DJI dealer.

Reactions: tobeallque
All appears legitimate. There prices seem a little high but that package you ordered is loaded. I just ordered the carbon fiber props about 30 minutes ago because they were on sale. I think you will be very pleased with everything in that package especially the long range system. I'm dying to know what kind of software tweak those guys are doing over there. Post your results with that system if you get a chance. Probably the holiday delayed the shipment. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Happy safe flying!!

Should I have paid for the firmware update??? I'm new to this. Also, thank you for such a quick response!!!

I bought mine from them they are legit. Their shipping is a little screwy. They'll send you an email that says its shipped but it really hasn't . At least that was my experience. When I called about has it really shipped they said no my order was downgraded because I changed my order an hour after I placed it . Then they promised on 2 different occasions that it will ship tomorrow and it didn't . Actually shipped 7 days after it was ordered. One time they told me they ran out of drones and i would now have to wait till Friday to ship out . It shipped on Monday. I felt like they were messing with me because I changed my order .

Yeah I agree firmware updates are really easy . It's good practice to do them all yourself . Good luck !! And welcome to the forum. Just take it slow and practice in a large open field. Watch as many you tube videos that you can and definitely read the manual . It's a blast :)

Yeah I agree firmware updates are really easy . It's good practice to do them all yourself . Good luck !! And welcome to the forum. Just take it slow and practice in a large open field. Watch as many you tube videos that you can and definitely read the manual . It's a blast :)
I'm thinking about updating to the last firmware 1.50030 but, is to new, I'm gonna wait a week or so, just in case

i ordered a Phantom III Professional from Drone World.. Shows up in the rolling case. Nice case, but the drone was not in any original packaging, but did seem new. They did not include the "free" backpack and no mini drone they promised. What struck me as odd is the stickers on the drone were SILVER and not GOLD. I did order the Professional. Is there something here I should know about?

It has the underside camera and indoor kit, so it looks to have the gear, but i want to be sure that I didn't get used stuff and reconditioned to pass as new. 2nd battery was not in new packaging and the warning sticker that was on the original battery was on one was not the 2nd.

Anybody else experience this? Any advice?

Just a quick follow up.... I did get a call back today. they said that i had ordered an advanced model... highly unlikely, but the ad on the website had changed. Sending me a new Pro III to exchange. Steve there was very nice and helpful. Next time I'll remember to take a screen shot just to be sure. I'll keep you informed. They do seem legit.

Last edited:
I would check each battery to make sure that they don't have any charges on them. They should read 0 charges and 100% battery life. Your phantom should not have any stickers on them. You should have a package of about 5 or 6 different colors to choose from. It should also have a small gold plate on the front of the phantom that says professional. Also look over the phantom very closely to make sure there are no cracks or any marks on them. Perhaps email them and ask then what's going on and tell them you didn't recieve the backpack and mini drone as promised . Also you will probably want to make sure you have the new motors as well. Sounds a little shady. Keep us posted and Good luck.

Hello all, my wife bought me the phantom three standard version however on Thanksgiving day I completely lost control of it thankfully when I hit the home button it returned home it was gone missing in action for approximately 14 minutes.

Therefore, I did my research and discovered that Drôme world had a package entitled the executive package. I'm new to the drone game, and I was inquiring if anyone could tell me if this website is legitimate I purchased the package using my PayPal account this was on Thanksgiving day.

I have made several attempts to try to contact representatives via email and telephone, to see when my package would arrive due to the fact that I had paid $95 extra to have it shipped overnight.

My question is has anyone ever heard of this website and are they legitimate?
Did you receive your executive package? How do you like it? Range ??

Your phantom should not have any stickers on them.
My Phantoms always have stickers on them (exactly as depicted on the front of the Phantom box) -- even when I get them directly from DJI.

Last edited:
Reactions: SergeantJoKer
Drones etc for my p3 and B and H through amazon for my p2v+ and both were blank . And each had a set of different colors to choose from to put on.

I'd be a little leary if I received a Phantom with no stickers on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj