Drone looses signal quickly, can't cancel RTH

Reaction score
Hey pilots! I've got a problem with my DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Prepare for a story:

So, I got my P3S about 6 months ago. I flew prettig good, because I had flown other drones before. I was really proud of it! I took it on vacantion with me during the summer holidays and it worked perfect, took some amazing pictures! I returned it home with me but because I just didn't have enough time I could't try to fly with it until 2 days ago. I decided to buy the Litchi app from the Google Play Store (I use a Sony Xperia XA) because I saw some review on YouTube and it looked really good. I tried the app and some features in an open area without any other Wi-Fi signal around. It functioned fine, but I did experience that I lost range after 300ft and it did a RTH. I did not pay much attention to it, maybe I should have done that. When I came back home, I decided to make a Waypoint mission on my laptop. Actually, I made two. One smaller loop to test the function and a bigger one around my neighboorhood with some POI's and such things. I wanten to test the smaller one first and if it worked, the bigger one later. Started up my drone normally and I had to restart it again because both DJI GO and Litchi didnt show an FPV image. I flew up to 300ft to start the mission but at 90ft, I lost connection with my remote controller and it performed a RTH. I tried it both with the DJI GO app and Litchi and it both did the exact same. Also, when I regained control I could not cancel the RTH. The pop-up screen would show and I click "okay", but the drone didnt do anything exept keep descending. Really annoying!

I hope someone can help me with this problem, I just can't seem fly over the 90-105ft mark....

If you need any flight log or something in that realm, just reply and I will Google how to include it in this topic.

Sorry for not having the best English, I'm still learning and English is not my native language, Dutch is.

I made an account on Phantompilots.com just for this problem. I really hope someone replies and that the person can help me!

Litchi is not the problem, DJI GO and Litchi respond the same way.

~ElasticSniper

Without going into the field, set up your RC, AC, and your mobile device. Turn on and go to the simulator. Take off and continue lift to 300ft. If it stops at 90 ft, I can resolve your issue.

I just tested, going straight up and without movement to any other direction:
100ft: still fine, full remote connection
110-150ft: quickly looses connection and returns to home
I also spottend a problem, which only occures in Litchi so I think its just Litchi ding weird: the battery power level seemed to drol about every second to 0% and then back up to the real percentage.... Not the case in DJI GO so I think its a problem with Litchi

I already tried reloading the app, several times. I also tried to restart the drone AMD the remote a lot. How can I solve a software issue? Do I have to send it all the way back to DJI? Thats gonna take a long time, I live in the Netherlands!

I just tested, going straight up and without movement to any other direction:
100ft: still fine, full remote connection
110-150ft: quickly looses connection and returns to home
I also spottend a problem, which only occures in Litchi so I think its just Litchi ding weird: the battery power level seemed to drol about every second to 0% and then back up to the real percentage.... Not the case in DJI GO so I think its a problem with Litchi
I had this problem also, with Litchi disconnecting. Found out it's a smartphone problem, android was 5.1, upgraded phone to 7.1, works fine now.

@ElasticSniper,
Do you know about having to kill the DJI-Go app on Androids while using Litchi?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20