drone harrassment

Reaction score
Greetings Honorable Members,

I wish i was here as a drone hobbyist.

Unfortunately for about one month i have been seriously harrassed by massive size drones at night.

Someone had an idea to have a drone follow their drones to see where they are originating for evidence.

I know nothing about buying or flying drones, seeking feedback from the group on the above idea.

thanks in advance to anyone who has any ideas and/or recommendations.

signed,
MPR53

Unfortunately for about one month i have been seriously harrassed by massive size drones at night.

Someone had an idea to have a drone follow their drones to see where they are originating for evidence.

I know nothing about buying or flying drones, seeking feedback from the group on the above idea.

signed,
MPR53

My advice is don't do it.

Following a drone with another drone, at night, beyond line of sight, is extremely difficult and could cause all sorts of issues. What if you hit one of those drones accidentally and it falls in such a way to damage property or hurt someone?

I'm not sure how massive these drones could possibly be, but generally once drones get above 100 feet or so, they don't bother anyone.

If it is really an issue of disturbing the peace, look up the ordinances in your town and if they violate those ordinances then call the police. If they are legally within their right to be flying in that area, then let it go. Please

Just my 2 cents.

signed,
MPR53
"Unfortunately for about one month i have been seriously harrassed by massive size drones at night."
Where are you? Define "massive..."

Reactions: lasersbee

DJI-Matrice-600-5.jpg

As mentioned, not a great idea. A bit more of a description of your issue I believe is in order. You speak of "massive" size drones? ( You used that in a plural sense, as in more than one )
If these are night flying, how can you tell the size? Not that it makes much difference but I find that rather vague. I would venture to guess if these are along the lines of a "Matrice" such as the image above, I would highly doubt they are flying "illegally". These are larger than the Phantoms and much more expensive and professionally oriented. Granted, you did not mention "legally". Hobby flyers are perfectly legal to fly at night. Licensed pilots require a waiver to fly at night. Unless these aircraft are flying at very low altitude, on or around your own property, there is not much you can do about it. Sure, you can report it, but odds are this is a pefectly legal flight. I understand your frustration, but as I mentioned, you will need to be a bit more descriptive in your meaning for anyone to answer you properly.

View attachment 109608
As mentioned, not a great idea. A bit more of a description of your issue I believe is in order. You speak of "massive" size drones? ( You used that in a plural sense, as in more than one )
If these are night flying, how can you tell the size? Not that it makes much difference but I find that rather vague. I would venture to guess if these are along the lines of a "Matrice" such as the image above, I would highly doubt they are flying "illegally". These are larger than the Phantoms and much more expensive and professionally oriented. Granted, you did not mention "legally". Hobby flyers are perfectly legal to fly at night. Licensed pilots require a waiver to fly at night. Unless these aircraft are flying at very low altitude, on or around your own property, there is not much you can do about it. Sure, you can report it, but odds are this is a pefectly legal flight. I understand your frustration, but as I mentioned, you will need to be a bit more descriptive in your meaning for anyone to answer you properly.
I would have to agree that OP would need to provide a little more information as in like location what major landmarks might you be near are they shooting a movie in your neighborhood things like that.
Do you know possibly where they are taking off from?

Sorry, your statement is a little vague to me. How are you harrassed? If the drone is just passing by there is no problem. The rules are vague about attitude over someone ‘s dwelling. Most places in the US.concider over a 100 ft. Ok. If it is a stone throw away I would report it to the local authorities. Drones are not allowed to follow you or watch you in a place of privacy. The drone may belong to law enforcement?

View attachment 109608
Is he/she/it talking about helicopters? We do not know where this is happening. Maybe they are new around there. And, yeah, I used to live near the airport and they DO get annoying in the middle of the night a hundred feet above your house.

If you decide to report them, you will need to use the correct language. Saying you are being harassed by them means you are specifically being singled out and targeted. If the noise is just bothering you, then describe it as a nuisance to the authorities. Claiming you are being harassed when you are in fact not will just make you look foolish and not be taken seriously. However, if you truly are being targeted (say by kids in the neighborhood) you should get the authorities involved to have them arrested.

Reactions: P3P
Yes but lets not bashing the OP till we do know if he is for real or not .

Yes but lets not bashing the OP till we do know if he is for real or not .
No bashing here. I just think his description is a quite vague. I have no problem with anyone who feels the way the OP appears to. I completely understand. For now, it's wait and see if he (she) returns to comment further.

Reactions: dirkclod
No bashing here. I just think his description is a quite vague. I have no problem with anyone who feels the way the OP appears to. I completely understand. For now, it's wait and see if he (she) returns to comment further.
Sorry FD was kinda addressing the post above you. I should have quoted him. My bad .Now I see that post has been deleted .

Reactions: BigAl07
Sorry FD was kinda addressing the post above you. I should have quoted him. My bad .Now I see that post has been deleted .

That was my fault. I was in the middle of addressing some comments and removed some of the things you referenced :)

Reactions: dirkclod
dickclod Your absultely Right...i have seen it many times before....A tee total new member posts stuff to get ever body very disturbed and upset about.then after many posts that ask them good questions.....They are Gone....No answer back...i've seen it before here....another trouble maker ?...Time will tell IF we ever hear from the he or she again !

his greeting was strange too : > " Greetings Honorable Members " <

Dear sir / madam:

FAA cited 18 USC 32, which allows them to prosecute anyone who sabotages or destroys any aircraft in the US.

Be aware!....

Drones are supposed to be registered either for hobby or business...hence.

Now a days government likes to redefine and reintepret rules and procedures. Who knows if following a registered aircraft could be construed as such...by any government or local agency.

Do what others in the forum have suggested...get the proper authorities involved...do ig safe and legally.

Good luck!

Reactions: MTO and T3rdEye

signed,
MPR53
OK you 44.you must have some common sense of right or wrong as posted by above involve the law,it's just a phone call but make sure you got good evidence or you get no where fast..you could become a drone pilot (they are great when used with good intent).for the record can't see much at night unless right on you or at window with no curtains or in street light or have very expensive cam on board..this could be someone with a new adults toy just buzzing past,,I think you have more to worrie about with other apps that let you have good look at your house unlike a drone if try to look at close up the app pixels it out so it's all dots..drone pics that you can zoom in on still pixel out so nothat the greatest detail,,but live view in your face or within 40ft in the dark , image is quite clear.....just my NZ 2 cents worth:)...and hey someone's always watching,we just unaware

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Good luck flying following and filming a drone day or night. I’m an instructor an Emmy nominated Drone Cinematographer and I can tell you I practice my craft hours per week to accomplish that. Better to sit on your front yard with a camera and take a picture that way

Reactions: MTO
I live in Winder , Georgia .
In the past few months , I have heard , then viewed a heavy lifter passing over my neck of the city .
I suspect the local authorities may be taking a look around .
The unit never hovers long . It just passes over .
Cannot see a full view but it sounds great .
6-8 powerful motors ripping through the night .
Wonderful sound .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.