Dreaded esc error

Escape board? Do you mean an ESC (Electronic Speed Control) board for one or more of the motors?
Depends where you are but just do a web search, Ebay, dozens of outlets sell them......

s-l1600.jpg

Does anybody know where i can buy a new P3 Pro escape board?
Escape board? Do you mean an ESC (Electronic Speed Control) board for one or more of the motors?
Depends where you are but just do a web search, Ebay, dozens of outlets sell them......
The P3P does not have discrete ESC boards. The ESC circuitry for each motor is integrated in the main (center) board itself, and which version of the main (center) board you need depends on which motors (2312 or 2312A) you are using.

Last edited:
The P3P does not have discrete ESC boards. The ESC circuitry for each motor is integrated in the main (center) board itself, and which version of the main (center) board you need depends on which motors (2312 or 2312A) you are using.
Thanks, 2312A

Thanks, 2312A
Darn escape error, i have tried all the procedures recommended on this site with no luck. How does one troubleshoot the problem, I can not find flight records on the on board SD chip as they have been erased. Is the solution to buy 4 new motors and try installing them, and then buy a control board if this also fails.

Can anybody tell me how to troublshoot the main board and motors individually. There must be a component on the main board that one can test circuitry and replace malfunctioning part.

Darn escape error, i have tried all the procedures recommended on this site with no luck. How does one troubleshoot the problem, I can not find flight records on the on board SD chip as they have been erased. Is the solution to buy 4 new motors and try installing them, and then buy a control board if this also fails.
DJI had been officially providing a new FW version to select users who say they saw ESC issues after the update to 1.11.20.
They were providing a tweaked version (1.11.30) on a case by case basis as you can see here:
Firmware v1.11.30 for ESC error??

I don't know if they are still offering it directly to people as they were in the past and as far as I know they never made it widely available. A few people here were a bit irate about it not being posted on the DJI website for everyone.

Some who were given the tweaked FW by DJI directly made it available via a download link on both this forum and also the DJI forum. I archived a copy of 1.11.30 in case I ever needed it in the future, though I don't expect to ever update beyond the older FW versions I use currently. These second hand 1.11.30 FW files may be legit, but since I didn't get them directly from DJI I wont be sharing them here. You can find links in a search of this forum (and others) to download a copy of 1.11.30. The most popular one here seems to be through MediaFire.

Of course, it's a risk to both use it from an unofficial source and also to use it if it will mask a more serious issue with your AC.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Newly
Interesting, Thanks. Really what do I have to lose before buying new parts. I will try it. Is there a shortcut to the download?

I found the esc error comes up when trying to start the motors, it happens when the motors get wet in the rain or snow. Let the motors dry oput and then restart motiors, it may take a couple of restarts

Makes sense as the ESC's control the motors. If they find anything wrong with the motor it controls it will give an ESC error.

If anyone is interested on my take on that, here's an old post:

The information there comes from my original research/experience, and from talking to O-Gs. Not from DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic