Downgrading RC firmware.

Anyone tried the RC reset bin from Hunch? Any tips, warnings?
Thanks Hunch, got the file, will try installing it on the weekend.

Anyone tried the RC reset bin from Hunch? Any tips, warnings?
Thanks Hunch, got the file, will try installing it on the weekend.
A few people in this very thread said they tried and it didnt work.

Hey guys I'm a newer phantom pilot and I made the mistake of updating my software to the newest version and have had a tone of issues.
I have managed to get my bird rolled back and I had the original file in my iTunes so I hot the app rolled back.
I just haven't been able to to get the remote control to roll back.
Does this been file work on 1.4.3?
I'd like to try can you send to [email protected]
Thank you in advanced

It won't work...that's what DJI says! The new firmware doesn't allow for updating via USB/SD card anymore, it all updates thru the app. So once you have the newest firmware, you're SCREWED until DJI releases a fixed firmware. I talked to the guy at Drone's Plus, he bricked his controller trying to use that "wipe.bin" file...so be careful. If you have a local store that sells RC units, just buy one, swap the cases and return it!! ha ha ha

It won't work...that's what DJI says! The new firmware doesn't allow for updating via USB/SD card anymore, it all updates thru the app. So once you have the newest firmware, you're SCREWED until DJI releases a fixed firmware. I talked to the guy at Drone's Plus, he bricked his controller trying to use that "wipe.bin" file...so be careful. If you have a local store that sells RC units, just buy one, swap the cases and return it!! ha ha ha
That sucks !!!!
I really like my P3P but I'm really getting irritated with dji and this software.
It almost looks like they are more interested in pushing out new products then fixing bugs in the software.... So sad

Reactions: toorboy
You think dji would revert the software for us is we send it in the RC?
I really don't want to stick it to a local shop to eat the remote.
As anyone heard of a release of a new update to fix this messed up one ?

That sucks !!!!
I really like my P3P but I'm really getting irritated with dji and this software.
It almost looks like they are more interested in pushing out new products then fixing bugs in the software.... So sad

Be patient and keep searching-- what are your specific issues?-- wont connect, wont stay connected.

I have all the new FW and upgrades and everything is working like it is supposed to--

Some of these issues may not be related to DJI firmware upgrades or the software upgrades or the device firmware up grades-- you might give some details and ask a few questions based on the issues and see if anyone here might be able to help you. Or you can search the Wiki section of the Forum and you will find a lot of information in a lot of threads and its is not all complaining about DJI.

Hope you can resolve your issue.

Be patient and keep searching-- what are your specific issues?-- wont connect, wont stay connected.

I have all the new FW and upgrades and everything is working like it is supposed to--

Some of these issues may not be related to DJI firmware upgrades or the software upgrades or the device firmware up grades-- you might give some details and ask a few questions based on the issues and see if anyone here might be able to help you. Or you can search the Wiki section of the Forum and you will find a lot of information in a lot of threads and its is not all complaining about DJI.

Hi bob give me a few min and I'll write everything down that has happened so far. Thanks so far to all of you! This forum rocks
Ok bob just a few min

So I have had my P3P for about a month and a half almost two.
The P3P had been working great, I forgot to turn off auto updates on my iPadAir so it auto updated my app then the app told me my bird was out of date and the camera software need updating. So I did that and the noticed that the bird would creep to the left or right even if you have the stick pushed forward. Also erratic hovering and wandering in low to no wind.
I had seen that this was a reported issue and that the next release would resolve this.
So new release comes out 1.4.3 i update to this and now I get poor signal and a warning to be carful flying long distance. needless to say I did not fly my bird that day.
So I rolled back the app and the bird but the RC is still the latest version. However my distance warnings and poor signal quality are gone.
Now the app says I need to update my camera and my bird.

I have heard other people not having any issues but that wasn't the case with me.
IPadAir running 9.1
P3P running 1.3.20 now
RC running 1.4.3
App running 2.3.0 now

So I have had my P3P for about a month and a half almost two.
The P3P had been working great, I forgot to turn off auto updates on my iPadAir so it auto updated my app then the app told me my bird was out of date and the camera software need updating. So I did that and the noticed that the bird would creep to the left or right even if you have the stick pushed forward. Also erratic hovering and wandering in low to no wind.
I had seen that this was a reported issue and that the next release would resolve this.
So new release comes out 1.4.3 i update to this and now I get poor signal and a warning to be carful flying long distance. needless to say I did not fly my bird that day.
So I rolled back the app and the bird but the RC is still the latest version. However my distance warnings and poor signal quality are gone.
Now the app says I need to update my camera and my bird.

I have heard other people not having any issues but that wasn't the case with me.
IPadAir running 9.1
P3P running 1.3.20 now
RC running 1.4.3
App running 2.3.0 now

Did you do IMU calibration following the FW upgrades when you had the P3P on 1.4.1, the RC on 1.4.3 the app on 2.4.0 and the IPad Air on 9.0.2? I do notice that your Ipad Air is running 9.1 and mine is running 9.0.2 and mine is not calling for the 9.1 upgrade. That is strange. My Iphone 6 has 9.1 but I haven't used it to try to fly. That will be on my list to see if I pick up your issues.

The P3 may drift some the first flight for a few minutes until you receive full GPS signals and the IMU and GPS adjust to the existing coordinates and directions. I have noticed some drift early on when flying but this is only temporary and should resolve itself rather quickly. Cross wind will definitely induce some drift.

My suggestions,

1.Put your controller back to 1.4.1, by uninstalling the 2.3.0 Go App and reinstalling the 2.4.0 Go App and let the controller upgrade to back to 1.4.1.

2. Do a cold IMU calibration, do a gimbal calibration following the IMU calibration, and then perform a stick calibration.

3. Go out and test fly two full test batteries in calm conditions if you can. if the drift doesn't go away, then do a compass calibration and another stick calibration at the field and then another flight.

If all this fails, then you may have a hardware issue that can't be resolved locally and you may have to send it to a dealer for repair.

Keep me posted and maybe some of the other chaps will chime in here with some additional advice.:):)

Reactions: Mr.Spock
I will update everything back to the latest FW
Have you had poor signal at all?

I flew the bird the day before, with out the latest updates.
I have a nice flight path that I like to follow. I go up 395ft and 500meters out, and back.
After the first time updating to the late FW. I could stand 10 ft away and I'd get a warning of poor signal which I never had.
Also it took forever to pic up satellites.

image.png

Ok so I decided I'd do some things now
Formatted SD card to ms dos/ fat
Placed bin file on to SD version 1.4.0010
Battery is plus 50%
It's currently in the process of up dating the bird.
Downloading the app update to my iPadAir now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1