Downgrading RC firmware.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering, is it possible? I have the latest RC firmware (1.4.30) and am experiencing vastly reduced max range. Wanted to test previous firmware back to back if poss? I know you can tell the RC to re-load current firmware by pressing the four buttons but I want to go back??

yes you can.
there is a "wipe" .bin file that you can use to wipe all the FWs off of the controller and then load whatever you want via USB thumb drive

That's great! Don't suppose you can give me the idiots guide on how to do it pls?

absolutely.

send me your email address so i can send you the bin file.

format the USB drive (FAT or FAT32) and put only that file on the USB drive and make sure controller is OFF.
plug in the USB drive in the back of the controller and turn on the controller.
wait for a little bit and the light should start blinking blue.
basically it will act like it's doing a firmware update.
wait until it's done - power light green.
turn off the controller.
now put the desired FW version for the RC on the USB drive (format it first again)
plug in the controller while it's off and turn on the controller and it will do the firmware upgrade to the FW version on the USB drive.

enjoy!

Are you sending the same service bin we used to downgrade from 1.2x back to 1.19 a few months back?

there were couple released.
the one i have is the gs_ofdm.bin file that reverts back to out of factory FW so you can load whatever FW you want to load.
it has worked for me and several of my customers.

with 1.4.X release what happened is DJI limited Wifi channels down to 8 from 16 i think so if you do a 32 channel hack you might solve
the range issue, but my brother upgraded to latest FW and immediately noticed that range dropped so i sent him the
wipe bin file and he went back one version and he's good now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers