Downgrading RC firmware.

I don't think I can agree with you this one Bob. I have dealt with that very same issue since downloading v1.1.9. Once I got the Good/Poor display it has never gone away. With it displaying I have no problem flying any distance. Every once in awhile and even with the 32 hack, it will lose signal and the RTH will activate and then the signal returns.

Btw, when it 1st happened I put in a call to dji tech and all they knew was to offer a RMA. No thank you.
You may be right-- Just never had the issue and there was a lot of interference on all the channels except for 20-- I have never had the issue on the original 8 channels, although I now have the 32 channel hack

Yeah the newest update fixed some of my other issues but I got the week signal.
Good / poor display
And now if I go to channel display there is all sorts of interference across most channels.
I don't know if I want to do the hack or by a antenna booster kit
If you are talking about jacking up the signal power, check with someone who is knowledgeable with that. The antenna upgrades will not be of benefit if the interference is occurring on all channels. You need clean frequencies.

Channel 20 always seems to be clean for most people so I'd be curious to know if the higher channels are cleaner.

Let me know how the hack works???
I was thinking about trying it

Ohhhhh bob you will have to tell me how the 32ch hack works
There is a config file in the DJI app that has to be replaced. Check out the videos on you tube and the posts on the forum.

You have to download the 32 channel config file, unzip it .. hook the Ipad to the computer and open iTunes, select the device, select the apps, select the dji go app and copy that file in the go app files. It will replace the 8 channel file.

Watch the videos -- there are several.

Oh yeah I have watched the videos

I was just asking you once you have tried the hack, I want to know if it works out

Oh yeah I have watched the videos

I was just asking you once you have tried the hack, I want to know if it works out
Frankly, I haven't had any issues, except one weekend at a drone event and there was lots of interference,-- so I made up my mind to do the hack, so when I get in areas of high interference, there will be more channels available. It is also nice in that you can start getting interference in certain areas even after you take off and fly out 500 feet or so-- it is just add insurance and if kept on Auto, the app should chose the best channel. or you can find several together that are free and set the one in the middle manually.

I have not spent anytime with the root of most of these problems which is the transmitter output power. But I have wondered on different occasions if some peoples setups are being mistakenly switched from FCC to CE. Like maybe when it goes through the update, could it be the controller doesn't know it's location so it defaults to CE mode. And maybe the code is written to correct the location, but the user's device has something not allowing that process to complete?

I don't know, it was just a thought of something that could be possible. As I say, I have not put anytime into that issue. If I was, the 1st thing I would want to focus on, is what the dbm output displays before & after on the transmitter output. That of course would require a device that reads that type of info. I would think if there was indeed readouts and/or graphs that show performance is being taken away, and then if user's found out there is no plans to reinstall output power, then just turn collected data over to media and let them do what it is they do.

Frankly, I haven't had any issues, except one weekend at a drone event and there was lots of interference,-- so I made up my mind to do the hack, so when I get in areas of high interference, there will be more channels available. It is also nice in that you can start getting interference in certain areas even after you take off and fly out 500 feet or so-- it is just add insurance and if kept on Auto, the app should chose the best channel. or you can find several together that are free and set the one in the middle manually.

Channel 32 is the only one that I found to be clear at all times. I have been on channel 27 and it was like not even having the hack installed, so.

So with this hack 32 file is channel 20 now full of interference?
Because that seems to be the clear channel with out the hack installed for everyone else.
Just curious?

absolutely.

send me your email address so i can send you the bin file.

format the USB drive (FAT or FAT32) and put only that file on the USB drive and make sure controller is OFF.
plug in the USB drive in the back of the controller and turn on the controller.
wait for a little bit and the light should start blinking blue.
basically it will act like it's doing a firmware update.
wait until it's done - power light green.
turn off the controller.
now put the desired FW version for the RC on the USB drive (format it first again)
plug in the controller while it's off and turn on the controller and it will do the firmware upgrade to the FW version on the USB drive.

enjoy!
Can u send me that link thax

All I'm saying bob is that you can still supposedly update through the USB port on the remote too.
The big descution is if this file can take you back pre current firmware...
But many say this file in question will brick your remote if used...
I'm not sure my self and have not tried ..

It didn't brick mine but if wont let you go back. You can still upgrade via USB but only forward.

bin file emailed!

post results
yes you can.
there is a "wipe" .bin file that you can use to wipe all the FWs off of the controller and then load whatever you want via USB thumb drive

Hello Hunch,

I've been searching the web for two days for a fix on this. I can't downgrade my firmware on my controller for my P3. When I did the last update I get the no signal - No Video. From everything I reading I need to wipe it and reinstall 1.3. Can you send the wipe.bin to [email protected].

Thanks in advance

Hello all. I would like that bin wipe file as well please? Does it work regardless of what firmware I currently have installed? I am current as of this moment.Thank you for your time.
[email protected]

absolutely.

send me your email address so i can send you the bin file.

format the USB drive (FAT or FAT32) and put only that file on the USB drive and make sure controller is OFF.
plug in the USB drive in the back of the controller and turn on the controller.
wait for a little bit and the light should start blinking blue.
basically it will act like it's doing a firmware update.
wait until it's done - power light green.
turn off the controller.
now put the desired FW version for the RC on the USB drive (format it first again)
plug in the controller while it's off and turn on the controller and it will do the firmware upgrade to the FW version on the USB drive.

enjoy!
Please send me the bin file!
Jkgoos@ sr.net
Thank you very much!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1