Don't RTH - P4P 2.0

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
today I'm flying for less than 11 minutes. according to the log, from my receiver, after 10 minutes, the drone will loss any communication and never il RTH. the bad thing is I lost it. searched and I can find it.
from what I see, if I see correctly, the drone when lost the signal keep going I don't know where but don't RTH.
i write to DJI, but honestly I don't know how will finish...
it's safe if I put here the log or the link of the log, loaded to DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
tomorrow I will come back to search again, but I'm afraid to don't find it.

sorry for my English!

Thank you, for any advice!

Got a working link to your log?

Got a working link to your log?
yes
when i search, from the video, saved on the receiver, I searched in a wrong place. the drone is gone a bit more. now i see better where can be dropped.
i downloaded verbose csv, and find there the last coordinates... maybe is there.

Last edited:
Please post the link here. The link you posted above doesn't work.

Your Phantom was flying in ATTI mode at the end of the flight log, so it wouldn't have been able to return home. Three seconds after the remote controller disconnected, it would have started auto landing at that location. Since it was flying in ATTI mode, it would have drifted with the wind as it descended. It's likely close to the last recorded location since wind was not very strong.

Your Phantom was flying in ATTI mode at the end of the flight log, so it wouldn't have been able to return home. Three seconds after the remote controller disconnected, it would have started auto landing at that location. Since it was flying in ATTI mode, it would have drifted with the wind as it descended. It's likely close to the last recorded location since wind was not very strong.
thanks for your response!
but for what I record, I don't change any mode to fly. how it's possible?

The flight mode automatically switches to ATTI mode when the GPS data is unusable. You can see that happened when the GPS health dropped to 0 at 9m 50.7s into the flight.

The flight mode automatically switches to ATTI mode when the GPS data is unusable. You can see that happened when the GPS health dropped to 0 at 9m 50.7s into the flight.
I see when is changed, but it's my fault?
in the future, it's possible to avoid this kind of situation?
by the way, it's strange...

I see when is changed, but it's my fault?
in the future, it's possible to avoid this kind of situation?
by the way, it's strange...
Not strange at all. That is what it is designed to do. If the GPS data is incorrect, and/or unusable for location calculations, the aircraft automatically switches out of GPS mode to ATTI. And vice versa should it re-acquire correctly.

Reactions: speedyranger
No.

Pay attention to the alerts displayed in DJI GO. An alert displayed soon after that point to let you know the flight mode auto switched to ATTI mode.
I can do any claim to DJI, in this case?
I hope to find it, tomorrow.
Honestly, i don't see. maybe because i lost the visual and looking fot it.

Last edited:
I can do any claim to DJI, in this case?
You could try, but I don't know that they will cover it.

According to your log, DJI GO told you your Phantom was flying in ATTI mode and then you just watched it drift away with the wind. Had you got on the sticks and flew it back to the home point, your Phantom should have made it home safely.

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy
You could try, but I don't know that they will cover it.

According to your log, DJI GO told you your Phantom was flying in ATTI mode and then you just watched it drift away with the wind. Had you got on the sticks and flew it back to the home point, your Phantom should have made it home safely.
Thanks msinger.
My totally destroyed bird is currently at DJI in California being investigated because it fell out of the sky. Flight log indicates a failed ESC suspect of shutting down two right Motors. I read on a different thread of another V 2.0 GPS failure causing a crash. According to the poster, DJI replaced for free . If you recover the bird and can prove that the GPS module failed you might have luck with DJI. This really really sucks because I rely on my bird for money and want to be able to trust it that it won't drift randomly switching to atti mode or Motors shut off and fall out of Sky damaging property or worse, a human.!

Msinger, if I post a link to the air data and also the DAT file Google Drive Link, will you have a look and let me know what you think? Sar104 looked at it a few days ago which is where I received the above diagnosis.

In case you feel so inclined...first the Google Drive link to the DAT file, then the link the AirData interpolation of said flight:

FLY066.DAT

Thanks in advance to you or anyone else that takes the time so see WTH happened to my bird.

Msinger, if I post a link to the air data and also the DAT file Google Drive Link, will you have a look and let me know what you think? Sar104 looked at it a few days ago which is where I received the above diagnosis.
If you received this from Sar104. You can rest assured that he is correct 90% or greater of the time. Have not had a chance to look at any of your data myself as of yet. Been a bit rushed today.

Reactions: JazzAir and DKG13CC
Not strange at all. That is what it is designed to do. If the GPS data is incorrect, and/or unusable for location calculations, the aircraft automatically switches out of GPS mode to ATTI. And vice versa should it re-acquire correctly.
It is strange.
GPS is usually very reliable. A phantom 365 feet up doesn't drop GPS unless there is either a compass error or a GPS hardware problem.
There's no hint of a compass error so it appears that either the GPS receiver malfunctioned or there is a bad connection to the GPS receiver.

but for what I record, I don't change any mode to fly. how it's possible?
You didn't change the flight mode but there was a problem that caused the GPS system to fail.
No GPS = atti mode = no position holding and no RTH.
Losing GPS can complicate things

Even with failure of the GPS, you still have control of the Phantom but if it's out of sight and you aren't sure of it's location and orientation , flying it back might be difficult.

So, first of all, thanks to all for yours responses.
This morning I returned to the place of incident and try to find the drone: walking around, ask peoples and very scared to fly again( I have another drone Parrot Bepop 2).
Flew almost the same route and no any problems with GPS.
Looked to trees, some birds, but not mine [emoji35]

DJI write me and want more details and ask me to : Description what you did to try and regain control?

I knew, more or less the orientation of drone and I tried to steer for the left( push the stick for 1 or 2 seconds) and push the stick to go forward... the drone have to come back, but from the log keep moving in reverse(maybe with the wind...)
All times the antennas was oriented towards the drone.
Again from DJI, ask if I tried to use "Find my drone " but on P4P+ I can't find it.

Thanks again.
3f90b31d4835c110e3f01f712bbabd77.jpg
6993f6bb753008d4b8aeea8eccdbac2e.jpg
18affd1d34a3bff4ccac3748c183838b.jpg

Last edited:
It is strange.
GPS is usually very reliable. A phantom 365 feet up doesn't drop GPS unless there is either a compass error or a GPS hardware problem.
There's no hint of a compass error so it appears that either the GPS receiver malfunctioned or there is a bad connection to the GPS receiver.

You didn't change the flight mode but there was a problem that caused the GPS system to fail.
No GPS = atti mode = no position holding and no RTH.
Losing GPS can complicate things

Even with failure of the GPS, you still have control of the Phantom but if it's out of sight and you aren't sure of it's location and orientation , flying it back might be difficult.
Hi. At 9m 50.7s is switched in ATTI mode, with 16 satellites, until 9m 51.6s ... and after show 0 satellites. This, for me, is strange because don't drop gradually.

Another thing, loss the controll, in open area and at 2400 feet distance... if I want to go near to limit (4 miles).. It's only a Forbidden Dream.

By the way, DJI opened the case... I have to wait their conclusions.
5c46e7c8cdb226b535b9327ff852ec1b.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20