Does P4P controller hold iPad mini?

Reaction score
Thinking of upgrading to P4P and current have a P3 w a control holder for an iPad mini. Does the P4P controller expand to hold an iPad mini?

Reactions: Linkmi01
Before you decide, take a look at the iPad Pro 10.7 and 12.9. Saw them both and ready to trade in my Mini.
Also, take a look at www.swappa.com. Great site for slightly used electronics. Great folks and very straight up. Bought and sold with pleasure!

Although the iPad Mini 4 is a good size, I don't think you'll want to buy an iPad will such an old CPU, the A8. That CPU is 4yrs old! The present 5th Gen iPad with 9.7 screen uses the A9 CPU, and offers good value. Once Apple releases a new iPad Mini, hopefully with A10, then the smaller 8" model iPad Mini would be viable contender IMO, but not until then.

What about the regular P4, not the P4P? Mine doesn't look like it will expand enough to hold a (non mini) iPad.

Thinking of upgrading to P4P and current have a P3 w a control holder for an iPad mini. Does the P4P controller expand to hold an iPad mini?
The holder has no problem at all with iPad Mini. I flew my P3P for almost 4 yrs with a Mini 3. With a case. M

What you will Have a problem is that the Mini series processor isn’t up to snuff for
DJI Go4 software.
I Upgraded to the 2018- iPad 9.7” and got a 3D printed extender for the bracket when I got the P4Pv2 and happy I did.

Last edited:
The holder has no problem at all with iPad Mini. I flew my P3P for almost 4 yrs with a Mini 3. With a case. M

What you will Have a problem is that the Mini series processor isn’t up to snuff for
DJI Go4 software.
I Upgraded to the 2018- iPad 9.7” and got a 3D printed extender for the bracket when I got the P4Pv2 and happy I did.
We use both ipad mini 2 and ipad mini 4 to fly a phantom 4, and phantom 3 and an Inspire 2. There are no processor issues with either of them.

We use both ipad mini 2 and ipad mini 4 to fly a phantom 4, and phantom 3 and an Inspire 2. There are no processor issues with either of them.
That’s interesting. I’ll have to do some tests with my Mini 3 and the P4p.
A guy I fly with a lot was having a lot of transmission issues and loss of video feed when he first got his P4 using the Mini3. I showed him several articles - some from here- about how the 3 and according to some even the Mini 4, had the same issues.
But he did get the Mini 4 and has had much improved flying since.
I rarely have these issues at all with the iPad 9.7” even flying in the city (Chicago).

I was thinking of getting the iPad 4 mini for my P4P v2. Thus far I have used my iPad Pro 9.7” but a dedicated iPad 4 mini would work better as I don’t have to carry my work iPad with me.

I don’t see how a more powerful processor would make any difference. (I don’t use any third-party app to fly.)

I was thinking of getting the iPad 4 mini for my P4P v2. Thus far I have used my iPad Pro 9.7” but a dedicated iPad 4 mini would work better as I don’t have to carry my work iPad with me.

I don’t see how a more powerful processor would make any difference. (I don’t use any third-party app to fly.)
her you go.Apple iPad mini 4 (16GB, Wi-Fi + Cellular, Silver)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic