Do you have a GPS Tracker?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No,I don't need one, I like to live dangerously

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Getting one...

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
I use a Trackimo. You can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

Reactions: Cameronb1
Last edited:
I have a few questions for the experts in regards to how these work?? Certainly you have the cost of the unit but these work with a sim card so does this mean you have to have it set up like any other sim card with an account through a cell phone provider?? Also assuming thats the case are there other costs?? I do not have one but I really think its a great idea just wondering what the actual cost works out to be? Certainly with the costs of cell phone accounts here in newfoundland canada I am just wondering if its worth it.

I have Flyttrex Live 3G.

I have a few questions for the experts in regards to how these work?? Certainly you have the cost of the unit but these work with a sim card so does this mean you have to have it set up like any other sim card with an account through a cell phone provider??
Yes.

Also assuming thats the case are there other costs??
No. I pay $40 a year for the cell service. That's it.

these work with a sim card so does this mean you have to have it set up like any other sim card with an account through a cell phone provider?
Many trackers have removable SIM cards. And, others (like the Trackimo 3G) do not. I'm assuming the Trackimo has a built-in SIM card though. In either case, you're going to pay about $5/month for the service.

If you don't want to pay a monthly fee, then check out the Marco Polo tracker. It uses a radio signal for tracking. The only trade-off is that the range is only about 2 miles.

I have a few questions for the experts in regards to how these work?? Certainly you have the cost of the unit but these work with a sim card so does this mean you have to have it set up like any other sim card with an account through a cell phone provider?? Also assuming thats the case are there other costs?? I do not have one but I really think its a great idea just wondering what the actual cost works out to be? Certainly with the costs of cell phone accounts here in newfoundland canada I am just wondering if its worth it.
Both of mine have a normal sim card - I use a pay-as-you-go plan - which costs me next to nothing. The online tracker would cost me around $1.5 a month if I have it active 24/7, which obviously I don't. The dial-up-only one is even less.

For the online tracking one has to register with a tracking service, and typically my first year is free and there after it is around $10 per year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.