Do you guys use this protector when storing?

Reaction score
This is the one I am talking about.

P4P%20Gimbal%20Protector_zpsfgfkxjvz.jpg

I don't use it. The gimbal lock is sufficient.

Reactions: Ing Zimmerman
No. I think that's just packaging.

Nope.. I use this one. Only cost 22p from China with free shipping
1500590124037.jpg

I don't use that day to day. If I'm traveling on a flight I would probably put it on. I don't even like the stock dji gimbal lock. It's puts bad stress on the gimbal and if you don't position it just right, it puts stress on it even worse. I got the polar pro lock and even though I find it fidgety, it's much better for the gimbal.

Reactions: KKD and mcandies
I don't use that day to day. If I'm traveling on a flight I would probably put it on. I don't even like the stock dji gimbal lock. It's puts bad stress on the gimbal and if you don't position it just right, it puts stress on it even worse. I got the polar pro lock and even though I find it fidgety, it's much better for the gimbal.
Are we talking P3 in the P4 forum section?
P3 gimbal locks are obscure in their use. The stock lock is easy to use if you know the trick. It wasn't until about the 10th installation that I slowed down and actually looked at the engineering of the lock and how it fits in the grooves. With that information, it then became apparent how to easily install it, and "pinch it" to secure it in place and minimize any gimbal stress. Vice versa, removing it became easier too, if you simply learn how to use it.

The P4 gimbal lock is easier to understand and install, nobody should have an issue with that lock, unless you're using Polar Pro ND filters, which are incompatible with the stock P4 gimbal lock. I find it easier to flip the P4 craft upside down, resting on the motor tops, making it easy to install the stock gimbal lock. To protect the motor top locks I install my motor covers first.

I use it but forget to remove it about every 5th time. Probably does more damage/motor stress when forgotten than it helps.

This is the one I am talking about.

P4P%20Gimbal%20Protector_zpsfgfkxjvz.jpg
Let me give you a different answer. YES!
The reason is that the rubber vibration absorbers which are inside the shell, are under pressure when you use the gimbal lock only. On the other hand this pressure is reduced when you put back that thing. In this way you prolong the life of the vibration absorbers and basically you push away all the problems associated with the gimbal when these absorbers loose their elasticity. So, always use it together with the gimbal lock.

I'm all about using whatever I can to protect equipment so yes I put mine back on after the two times I have used it. I plan on taking it out to fly today and I will put that little protector back on when I'm done. I figure it only takes a second or 2 to put it back on. No big deal. It's not hurting anything.

Reactions: DocDiggler
Nope.. I use this one. Only cost 22p from China with free shipping View attachment 85665

The question was for the P4P I guess my question was not precise enough. The picture at the top of the thread was of a styrofoam protector that came with the P4P. But I guess it was probably there only for transport.

Ing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen