Do i Cancel With DJI

Do i cancel with DJI

• Keep order with DJI direct and get sooner.

• Cancel wait longer pay more and place order with UK dealer.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yea it will be very reassuring if they carry out the warranty repairs on birds bought from dji direct. Let me know as soon as you hear anything which will lead to my final decision as to cancel my order direct or not. Cheers fourblade.
Well the good news is that if you buy direct from DJI in the UK and you need to send it back for repair then you won't have to send it back to China but Germany. I'm still going ahead with direct as I've started so I'll finish!

Has anyone bought direct from DJI in the UK either now or previously?

I've actually cancelled my direct DJI order and placed an order with a UK supplier instead, mainly because I wanted the additional battery version, but also because of the extra consumer protection you get from a UK supplier, bearing in mind any potential issues on launch. e.g.

Of satisfactory quality - this means that goods should meet a standard which a reasonable person would regard as being satisfactory, taking account of any description applied to them, the price (if relevant) and all other relevant circumstances. Satisfactory quality also includes the appearance and finish of the goods, their safety and durability and whether they are free from minor faults.

Not sure if there will be much difference given the ability to use a local repair centre, but at least this way I'll be fully protected by UK consumer law for 12 months. (however proving it was a manufacturing defect rather than user error could be tricky though)

When did you cancel and how long after that did you get confirmation of you canceled order and of course your refund. Just out of curiosity really as I am thinking of doing the same.

Hi Leekiya,

I sent the email to [email protected] yesterday at 1pm, then my email was passed onto [email protected] (so best email this one direct) at 9.30pm, then received an email at 10.30am this morning saying it had been cancelled, and that refund would occur within 3 business days.

I'm going to stick with my purchase direct from DJI. I'm not sure why you didn't see the option for the spare battery as that's the one I went for.

My feelings on repairs are that many of the UK distributors will only send the Phantom back to DJI's service centre in Germany anyway and so in effect you might be getting a repair done faster.

I do agree with you that proving it was product deficiency instead of user error would be tricky wherever you buy it from. I'm hoping that getting DJI to fix anything 'might' be easier as they have the financial clout to do it!!

For instance I bought a (Horizon Hobby) Blade 200 Helicopter from a UK dealer/shop and when it developed a fault I just got in touch with Horizon Hobby themselves sent it to them with a copy of the receipt and they swapped it out without any problem for me!

Last edited:
I might cancel too if other outlets have the battery deal. I was told by their online chat, there wouldn't be extra batteries at DJI until May.

I might cancel too if other outlets have the battery deal. I was told by their online chat, there wouldn't be extra batteries at DJI until May.
No one will have spare batteries until DJI starts shipping them, mid May. So you're going to be waiting regardless of who you order from. I wouldn't cancel to save $30... who knows how far back in the queue you get stuck then.

Reactions: snowghost
As I'm ordering one here in the UK from DJI direct I emailed the DJI service centre in Germany to ask about the warranty situation and they promptly replied and said if I had any problems with my P3 they would deal with it directly (as per warranty) I checked also and it's only £15 to send it there which isn't that much more than sending it to a distributor here in the UK. I also agree with you that if you bail out now you might save a few pounds/dollars but you'll go right to the back of the line!

On Amazon, Coptershop is currently showing their Phantoms w/extra battery being available on May 8th. That's the earliest availability I've seen anywhere so far.

Last edited:
I live in the UK and have ordered direct from DJI for a few reasons, 1st cos im impatient and not prepared to wait, 2nd to date all uk dealers have been told they are not being given the extra battery deal option. The massive and i mean massive problem im going to have is should something go wrong, because if it should and many P2 owners are hoping things will, then by law i will need to return my P3 to HK were it was delivered from. US buyers are ok and have a us returns for dji but in the uk our returns for faulty items from dji is HK. I have thought about this long and hard since my time of order on release night and contemplated cancelling my order with dji and waiting longer and placing another order with a uk dealer and paying extra when the battery's become available. This is something that is still on my mind and worrying me. If i cancel direct they will turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread i bet, but if i don't you can bet your bottom dollar the bad threads on here will start to pour in on arrivals of them with problems and people needing to return them. LOL
what you all think folks, keep order with dji or place order with uk dealer and wait.

Jacob if i have messed this poll up in any way then please step in and correct it. First poll sorry hope its correct.

now this is the exact and only reason i buy from amazon, their return policy is great and i've had NO problems returning defective items ever. I'm also hoping their buying power means they get them quick.
I hear B&H photo is also easy to work with when returning.

The Amazon deals are changing daily as some dealers are selling out of their pre-orders. If you want in, you should do it sooner than later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31