What to do with a Phantom 4 and nothing else....

Reaction score
Greetings- A friend gave me a drone he found in a park after trying unsuccessfully to glean enough information from the media card to track down the owner. I contacted DJI and put a found listing on craigslist with no success. DJI will not relay the information to the owner, or otherwise help me return it to them....

As such I have a nice Phantom 4 with the one battery in it. In order to make use of this, what do I need, and what's the cheapest way to do it.
Base on what little I know I need:
- way to charge battery
- remote

Anything else? Any suggestions on how to do this best? A quick search online didn't give me much - not many remotes without drones out there, and the remote on dji's site is 300+...

Or if you live in charlotte and lost your phantom 4... tell me the serial...
d.i.

It was a public place - so near a park... not like they're going to fly right from in front of their house. This i charlotte- so a lot of people (esp. those who might fly a drone in that area) would be in huge apartment buildings. I'm up for finding the owner, but if they can't be bothered to put their name/email/phone/whatever on it somewhere, and DJI won't connect owners to finders, not sure what else to do. I've plastered my info all over mine casey neistat style.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Not really a reply but similar question just from the other side...if you lose your new DJI or it’s USED by some else, after the ac is activated and firmware downloaded, can or will DJI assist in identifying it afterward by the identification that they may have on it based on retailer sales report/s or uploaded id.

Not really a reply but similar question just from the other side...if you lose your new DJI or it’s USED by some else, after the ac is activated and firmware downloaded, can or will DJI assist in identifying it afterward by the identification that they may have on it based on retailer sales report/s or uploaded id.
No

Thank you for your reply. I guess I give them too much cyber credit.

Greetings- A friend gave me a drone he found in a park after trying unsuccessfully to glean enough information from the media card to track down the owner. I contacted DJI and put a found listing on craigslist with no success. DJI will not relay the information to the owner, or otherwise help me return it to them....

As such I have a nice Phantom 4 with the one battery in it. In order to make use of this, what do I need, and what's the cheapest way to do it.
- way to charge battery
- remote

Anything else? Any suggestions on how to do this best? A quick search online didn't give me much - not many remotes without drones out there, and the remote on dji's site is 300+...

d.i.

Are you still looking for a RC for your Phantom 4. I have one available. Call me @ 2766178486.

- way to charge battery
- remote

d.i.

Last edited:
@CharlieU,
Kind of an old thread, more important.
Did your friend posts or share any of his flight logs here, if hasn't he should.

Rod

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan