DJI Vision Android App Update

Thank heavens you blokes are here! I bought a Nexus so I could have a larger FPV screen than my Ipod Touch. Went to Google Play for the App an nothing! Just the FC40 App. Nothing at all for the FC200. (Unless I'm stupid. Which may well be the case.) Anyway, I have downloaded the App from the link in this thread and it appears to work fine. Thanks for being here.

enseth said:
Thank heavens you blokes are here! I bought a Nexus so I could have a larger FPV screen than my Ipod Touch. Went to Google Play for the App an nothing! Just the FC40 App. Nothing at all for the FC200. (Unless I'm stupid. Which may well be the case.) Anyway, I have downloaded the App from the link in this thread and it appears to work fine. Thanks for being here.

Happy to help, enjoy the Nexus.

Bmews

Dji response for help with new version app not working

Anthony C. (DJI Technology)

Apr 15 19:14

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your email.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you reporting this error. We are currently tracking this error and reporting it to our engineers. Unfortunately we do not have any trouble shooting steps at this time and believe it may require an update. If this is the case our engineering team will release it through Apple's or Android's store when it is ready.

Thank you for your support.

Customer Service Representative

Needs an update to the update !!!???......thats an understatement DJI !!!

:shock:

Well I am glad to see DJI is acknowledging that there is a problem and that they are looking into it. It took them long enough. I gave the support line an earful yesterday. I think the problem is that the engineering side of the house is not listening to the support line side of the house. The fact of the matter is the support line is a direct line the voice of consumer, the ones they better be listening to or they will not last.

Fingers crossed they finally fix this thing for the P2V side of things and until then I will fly with 1.0.38 !!

Sounds like there may be an issue for the P2V+ video also if thats their response. That being so I expect they will want to get that sorted asap or they will look pretty silly having a new aircraft with duff video app !!

:roll:

pyrophantom said:
Fingers crossed they finally fix this thing for the P2V side of things and until then I will fly with 1.0.38 !!

Sounds like there may be an issue for the P2V+ video also if thats their response. That being so I expect they will want to get that sorted asap or they will look pretty silly having a new aircraft with duff video app !!

I'll go way out on a limb and make a prediction here...

All of the new firmware/software/apps will work PERFECTLY on the Vision Plus. Some people in these forums have already taken delivery of their P2V+ and we should be hearing from them shortly.

We've recently been force-fed firmware/software/apps because of the release of the P2V+. I'll bet they're POSITIVE it works just fine on their new bird. The fact that we're a bit inconvenienced because they didn't actually have time to do much testing on the P2V is no skin off their cumulative arses...

I'll say it again... THERE SHOULD BE SEPARATE FIRMWARE AND APPS FOR THESE TWO AIRCRAFT!!!
(sorry... didn't mean to yell... ) :)

-slinger

I agree they should be seperate apps - too much to cover everything on 2 platforms without errors given the speed they are releasing them.

turbo-max said:
pyrophantom said:
You need to disable auto update, uninstall app, reboot tablet, reinstall 1.0.38, reboot tablet and go off flying and see what happens !

;)
i did this...several times with no result :cry:
okay, here is an update...i had to do a factory reset on my phone, then reinstalled all my app including the 1.0.38 version and now i can fly again...BUT the camera connection is very slow to connect or re-connect, but so far, it's still working. :?

I think their software revision tracking and implementation is a lot like their R&D.... That being You, the Beta Tester!...Toss it out there...see what sticks, then they write repair code on the Vision as it crops up. The Plus will evolve at a different rate because it never had a 1.08, I don't think. The Visions are apparently being brought up to speed with firmware, maybe to quickly.

At Release of The Plus it was 2.00 ???

Either way....I'm holding on to what I like best. currently, app 1.0.38 and Vision 1.08
Maybe in a few weeks when all the crashes are over with...I'll see how everything looks then.

Big thanks to Gunslinger for archiving the revision files. :cool:

OK I've had my phantom vision under a year now and by no fault of my own I.e. the android update, my phantom is nothing more than a toy i can't fly as the app will not show any pictures. I've uninstalled .39 restarted and installed .38 and the problem is still the same on both versions now. Worked fine before the update on both my nexus 4 and 10 and now it will not work on either with .39 or .38. I feel I deserve a refund as DJI have in effect broke my product as its not fit for purpose.

went out today after upgrading to v3 and the latest droid app. again..... still..same issues..video cutting in and out,,,,,also noticed the bird yawing on its own...also not maintaining gps position hold,,,,it had a mind of its own,,,,,very very disappointed with DJI....i quess i will have to revert to the previsous versions....and see if that works.....not sure how to do it though,,,any tips for the firmware revert.,,,i have assistant V2 on my laptop and assistant version 3 on my pc...

I have been toying with the idea of upgrading from V2.0 to V3.0 but the posts here have stopped me. I am happy with V2.0 and with the 1.0.39 Android app - actually I love the app upgrade. Once I toned down the preview resolution (to the lowest setting), I am getting better FPV than ever and LOVE that they fixed the 3300' problem. With my upgraded repeater antennas I get video to over 7000' and on one flight had telemetry working until RTH at over 9500'. So I am sticking with this setup.

Stealthdude said:
OK I've had my phantom vision under a year now and by no fault of my own I.e. the android update, my phantom is nothing more than a toy i can't fly as the app will not show any pictures. I've uninstalled .39 restarted and installed .38 and the problem is still the same on both versions now. Worked fine before the update on both my nexus 4 and 10 and now it will not work on either with .39 or .38. I feel I deserve a refund as DJI have in effect broke my product as its not fit for purpose.

it would be helpful if you posted the version numbers of firmware you're running on your phantom and app. I'm guessing you've tried downgrading the resolution of the video feed to the lowest? Most who've had continued problems have downgraded their P2V back to the version prior to 2.0 and the app back to 1.0.38

Hope this helps

bmews

BMEWS said:
Stealthdude said:

it would be helpful if you posted the version numbers of firmware you're running on your phantom and app. I'm guessing you've tried downgrading the resolution of the video feed to the lowest? Most who've had continued problems have downgraded their P2V back to the version prior to 2.0 and the app back to 1.0.38

Hope this helps

bmews

BMNEWS---can you explain how i would revert the Firmware back to 2.0,,,,i still have assitant 2.0 on my laptop....thanks,.,,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl