DJI Vision Android App Update

Isnt it ridiculous we have to do this though - its almost as if the software has been updated but not tested properly. It shouldnt cause these issues and time DJI did something about it and gave a fix.

:evil:

gpauk said:
pyrophantom said:
Isnt it ridiculous we have to do this though - its almost as if the software has been updated but not tested properly.

Shock, horror.... DJI not test something fully? No, could never happen......

No honest...really !!!.....hard as they may seem to believe but as Sherlock Holmes would say..."elementary dear Watson"

:D

reverted to the previous android app and the video issue cleared up...woke up this a.m. and the DJI app auto updated to the latest version overnight,,,,arrrrgggghhh,,,, I guess i need to turn off auto updates,,,,,,,,has anyone NOT updated thier camera firmware?,,,,i have not.... only because of the issues i read here,,,,,,everything else is updated so i am hoping the new app issue with the video downlink has nothing to do with the camera firmware,,,,,i may update it later tonight but need to read more into the issues with the update, i read,, like most all of the updates, there was an issue with the camera not working after the update,,so not in a hurry to do it.... unless i absolutely have to do it.....

I emailed DJI Calif about this issue and this is the response I received.

Jorge G. (DJI Technology)
Apr 14 08:47

Dear *******

Thank you for your email. Go to settings on the Vision App Phone and there is a new feature "Rename SSID of Range Extender". Put the number of the "Current SSID" onto the "New SSID" field, confirm the last 6 digits of the Mac address on the physical range extender as instructed by the app.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Customer Service Representative

Seems the new feature messes with the wifi link and connects the phone directly to the bird, thus shortening the range to 30', I did this and wonder of wonders I now have video again.

**FOLLOWUP**
Well, back to the drawing board :x The 1st flight went well, out to 400', then some freezing but no pixelation, landed and changed batteries and took off and BAM! no video. This totally sucks, I am about ready to revert to 2.0 & 1.0.38, both of which I have, and worked well for me out to 1200'. DJI really needs to get its act together.

F6Rider said:

Dear *******

Thank you for your email. Go to settings on the Vision App Phone and there is a new feature "Rename SSID of Range Extender". Put the number of the "Current SSID" onto the "New SSID" field, confirm the last 6 digits of the Mac address on the physical range extender as instructed by the app.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).

Thank you.

Seems the new feature messes with the wifi link and connects the phone directly to the bird, thus shortening the range to 30', I did this and wonder of wonders I now have video again.

Mucho congratulations for uncovering the workaround. Still waiting on my P2V+ :(

F6Rider said:

Dear *******

Thank you.

Eh ??? The phone connects directly to the bird ??? If thats the case what do you need a range extender for ?? The phone cant connect directly to the phantom it doesnt have the power ?? You have done this with the new app installed obviously, and you say its now cured it ??

I have updated to the new app again done so will see tomorrow if that has cleared up the issue or not and gonna be pretty miffed if it wont work still !

You answered your own question. You need a range extender because the phone doesn't have the power or wifi radio configuration to communicate with the bird when it is more than the phone's max wifi range away. So they use the extender as a proxy between your device and the bird.
As for this problem, if you believe the poster which I have no reason not to, this is a software issue in the app according to dji.
Let's not shoot the messenger yet!!

Apologies that was not the intention, merely thought he had got it wrong as the range extender is what communicates with the aircraft, just sounded muddled and like most people who have this problem I really hope this is the fix. It seems an odd fix, but if thats what DJI says will fix the problem then lets hope they are right. Has anyone tried this and flown the aircraft with the new app after the fix ???

Fingers crossed.

;)

Other similar topic posts state DJI's renaming the SSID fix..Did not fix the problem...i am going to try it today since my phone just auto updated my dji app from the older version that i just re-Installed yesterday because of this issue..but i have read others have tryed the SSID thing and no luck...so far the only fix is to reload the previous app.

Followup****
Well, back to the drawing board :x The 1st flight went well, out to 400', then some freezing but no pixelation, landed and changed batteries and took off and BAM! no video. This totally sucks, I am about ready to revert to 2.0 & 1.0.38, both of which I have, and worked well for me out to 1200'. DJI really needs to get its act together.

Jorge at DJI sent me the following:

Lets try this. first delete the app

1) Download Phantom 2 assistant v.2.0 downgrade from 3 to 2, this includes the MC and the PCB300?

2) Download the app from m.dji.net/djiviison

3) Rebind the range extender to the camera

4) rename the ssid like previously instructed.
Go to settings on the Vision App Phone and there is a new feature "Rename SSID of Range Extender". Put the number of the "Current SSID" onto the "New SSID" field, confirmed the last 6 digits of the Mac address on the physical range extender as instructed by the app.

I followed the instructions and the P2V video still froze in both the 2.0 version and 3.0 version having not downgraded the apk from 1.0.39. I subsequently found the apk downgrade link on this blog and was able to downgrade my android app to 1.0.38. Having my P2V downgraded to 2.0 as well, things worked fine. I am hoping that DJI folks will hear us. Not sure if they are listening...... :(

Instead of doing their own testing PRIOR to releasing the update they use us as BETA testers, this same process happened with my Media Streamer, with the HUGE difference of my media streamer not FALLING OUT OF THE **** SKY if they get it wrong. I have reverted to 2.0 and 1.0.38 and will stay there as the phantom is flying fine.

After being on hold for 1:40, I finally got through to DJI support in LA. The guy that answered told me that there has been an issued with 1.0.39 with some Samsung devices but was not aware of a massive problem with many other android devices. I get the impression that Hong Kong has no idea what is going on. I suggested that the folks in Hong Kong need to look at this blog and some of the recent ratings that 1.0.39 is getting on Google Play. If guess if you stick your head in the sand long enough, it will go away???

guyatl2000 said:
After being on hold for 1:40, I finally got through to DJI support in LA. The guy that answered told me that there has been an issued with 1.0.39 with some Samsung devices but was not aware of a massive problem with many other android devices. I get the impression that Hong Kong has no idea what is going on. I suggested that the folks in Hong Kong need to look at this blog and some of the recent ratings that 1.0.39 is getting on Google Play. If guess if you stick your head in the sand long enough, it will go away???

they could care less.....they are well aware of the issue,,,,its been on their facebook page,,,youtube page, there is a copy of their email reply for a fix that doesnt work on this thread and other similar threads here, i have commented on 6 or so similar posts here,,,they do monitor this site,,,,i have also reported via the report a problem feature,it is also happening on droid devices and iphone devices,,,,the fix is to revert to the prior app...which works,,,,,so they need to fix the app issue and while they are at give us current PV2 owners a plus for half price since they screwed us all with no upgrade option for the plus camera gimble system for the PV2..who the @#@# is their marketing stooge...so my conclusion is they dont care......

Ive personally fired off 2 complaints about this crap piece of software and they havent even had the courtesy to reply to either of them.

Pathetic DJI pathetic !! What a shambolic way to run a business to pretend they actually have a customer services dept when in reality they dont give a toss !

:evil:

I tried to go from v2.0 back to v1.8 and had nothing but issues. The assistant would not recognize my batteries and said the were not DJI batteries. I had to go back up to v2.0 and repudiate battery software as well.

peterlindsay said:
I tried to go from v2.0 back to v1.8 and had nothing but issues. The assistant would not recognize my batteries and said the were not DJI batteries. I had to go back up to v2.0 and repudiate battery software as well.

seeing different remedies being posted ....but ,,,,i have updated to the latest firmware version and reverted my droid app back to the previous version on my phone and that solved my video issues...I had no issues with flight controls using the new firmware with prior droid app version,i flew (2) 19 minute flights with no issues in the air,,,,that being said ,,,it appears the app update was released to suit the vision plus platform....also seeing different results of users updating the SSID address...some say it works... some say it doesnt,,DJI would be smart to just rename the new app for plus only platforms and revert the P2V platform to the previous version and release both,,,one for the plus,,,,one for the vision std.....who cares what the wi-fi battery level is,,,,i aux power that with external power so its full power all the time when i fly,,,,,,i want it back the way it was,,,,,because it worked flawlessly.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.