DJI Vision Android App Update

pyrophantom said:
Is the new app version only going tits up for those of us who have not updated the latest firmware release yet or is it still poo for the latest version P2Vs ??

:?
I can't say from experience, but one of the gripes in the Gizmodo review of the P2V+ is the glitchy fpv feed. I'm assuming that the new Vision would have the latest firmware and app version. I still have to rebuild mine before I can fly again (sure NOW I'm busy when it's finally nice to fly!). Haven't done the firmware updates & don't want to, but my app got auto updated so I'm gonna dial back to the old one. If it ain't broke... (okay mine's broke, but that had nothing to do with the firmware or the app).

jimdenburg said:
pyrophantom said:
Is the new app version only going tits up for those of us who have not updated the latest firmware release yet or is it still poo for the latest version P2Vs ??

I can't say from experience, but one of the gripes in the Gizmodo review of the P2V+ is the glitchy fpv feed. I'm assuming that the new Vision would have the latest firmware and app version. I still have to rebuild mine before I can fly again (sure NOW I'm busy when it's finally nice to fly!). Haven't done the firmware updates & don't want to, but my app got auto updated so I'm gonna dial back to the old one. If it ain't broke... (okay mine's broke, but that had nothing to do with the firmware or the app).

His glitchy camera feed as reported in the gizmodo review is likely him using the highest preview quality. My modded P2V has nice smooth video at 640x480 30fps even at a 3/4 mile away.

Just flown mine again today with the new version and it was utter pants, back to being shite again even after rebooting the phone, the app, and reducing settings. What the hell is DJI doing with this ??

Have downloaded the old version - BMEWS I have downloaded your version and its showing 1.0.32 I thought the last one was 1.0.38 ?

RCRookie said:
gpauk said:
Yep -- I do. PM me with your email and I'll email it when I get home...

Thanks Gpauk, All is well in the kingdom again, back to 1.0.38 app :D

Where did you get the 1.0.38 from ??

I have sent in a complaint to DJI and suggest others who have been affected by this to do the same, its just not acceptable to own a flying camera when you have no ability to film anything because their app is pants !!

pyrophantom said:
RCRookie said:
gpauk said:
Yep -- I do. PM me with your email and I'll email it when I get home...

Thanks Gpauk, All is well in the kingdom again, back to 1.0.38 app :D

Where did you get the 1.0.38 from ??

I have sent in a complaint to DJI and suggest others who have been affected by this to do the same, its just not acceptable to own a flying camera when you have no ability to film anything because their app is pants !!

The new app has been working okay on my own iPhone 5 as well as other people. Often things like this can be related to a conflict with the software configuration such as program installs or random operating system issues. You can't entirely blame any software company for a problem that only exists on some but not all people's devices, I myself have been loving the higher preview quality.

First thing to do if your app is running slow is double check the preview quality you have and reduce it to a lower setting. Exit out of all apps and reboot your device.

I know what you are saying but if they release a multi platform app for android and ios it should work ! The last version ran smoothly with no problems, so they have tinkered with something which conflicts with mine and others who are running android devices. I have tried every setting on the app and rebooted every time, and am still getting problems. I dont even have a lot running on my phone because I am not a gadget freak and dont do social network stuff, so running android 4.3 should work fine, but it wont run at all, which is not all down to my phone or others wouldnt have the same issues, just read the threads and that will tell you its something that has changed in the app which wasnt there before.

You cant just bolt on other features without a substantial test that it will work under a variety of "advertised and recommended" android platforms. This just smacks of rushing it out for the P2V+ and not fully examined the effect on the P2V users.

I installed V1.0.39 and now have choppy and freezing video. I tried going back to the older V1.0.38 by downloading the one mentioned earlier in this thread and I get a parsing error. I tried someone elses V1.0.32 and it worked fine.

I'd like to find a different copy of Android V1.0.38 if anyone has it or can point me to it. Thanks in advance!

Boomerang said:
I installed V1.0.39 and now have choppy and freezing video. I tried going back to the older V1.0.38 by downloading the one mentioned earlier in this thread and I get a parsing error. I tried someone elses V1.0.32 and it worked fine.

I'd like to find a different copy of Android V1.0.38 if anyone has it or can point me to it. Thanks in advance!

DJI needs to address this, its not all down to the android system, 4.3 should cope easily with this app. More people need to register a problem with DJI and make it noticeable otherwise nothing will happen and we will continue to rely on older app versions.

pyrophantom said:
Boomerang said:

DJI needs to address this, its not all down to the android system, 4.3 should cope easily with this app. More people need to register a problem with DJI and make it noticeable otherwise nothing will happen and we will continue to rely on older app versions.

Agreed, but I would like to fly now and not wait until they correct this. I'll report the problem to DJI, but I still want a copy of V1.0.38 rather than flying with V1.0.32

Pyro, I do not know about others but I bought my first P2V (or any RC aircraft) in mid March and honestly liked how it flew and what it could do. Then 2.0 came out and I had very big issues updating with it the first day which ended up being a server issue at DJI that did not load all the files. 2.0 my quad was far more unstable with sticks released which did not make me happy. Then came 3.0 and for me the stability got worse and it took far longer to get a home lock. Then this new android app and the resolution issue knocked me out of one days flying trying to figure out how to regain a display on my Nexus 7. I did not go to a 7" screen only to have to use lower resolution due to a app update that offers a P2V customer nothing but problems.

All these firmware and app updates since March took my experience using the P2V in a downward trend and showed me much about this process and DJI. I have drawn a line in the sand and my when my third P2V arrives (because the other two had to be returned for severe lack of component parts quality issues) I now have my mid March version of 1.08 PT2 and reloaded the Vision App 1.38 sitting and waiting for its arrival and I for one will never upgrade this P2V any further than this.

My 4 weeks with DJI products has shown me one they have difficulty delivering a quality product and two once you have one of their product they are clueless as to how to introduce firmware and software updates that improve one's flying experience. I have no idea how DJI was prior to Mid March for its product quality and updates but I can tell you this from my experience alone with P2V's in the last 4 weeks I do not see how they stay in business or even why people line up in lines to buy their product except that they have no real comparable competition at this time for the value per dollar spent. But,I am sure if I know anything about the business world that with a pool of unsatisfied DJI customers looking for relief some other company will very soon jump into this game and grab up all these jaded customers and treat them and the product right.

For me the only saving grace has been my dealer B&H taking care of my issues quickly and painlessly as possible but I feel very sorry for them having to go through this as well. So contacting DJI and putting in trouble reports sound good if you were dealing with a company that shows the potential to want to improve the current and past products for its current customers. I just don't see DJI as that sort of company in these past 4 weeks. I tend not to like to talk to a wall myself........... If I decide to move up into pro quads for my full frame DSLR's it surely will not be a DJI product that is for sure. I have little to no faith in their business plan and execution of it.

One last thing if this third P2V has a quality issue (my first one had a defective motor and ESC, second one had a out of focus camera a issue noted back in early built P2V's and for sure should of been corrected and contained in current builds which to me is inexcusable being a old retired manufacturing management employee) too this most likely will be my last attempt to enter this technology. I have not been this disappointed in a product or company that I have bought into at any time in my life .... and that is saying a bunch. Thank God I have not had a crash or a flyaway due to their quality and firmware issues and then would be unable to return these P2V's as some have experienced.

Boomerang said:
pyrophantom said:
Boomerang said:

Agreed, but I would like to fly now and not wait until they correct this. I'll report the problem to DJI, but I still want a copy of V1.0.38 rather than flying with V1.0.32
I went here http://www.dji.com/support/report-problem and filed a report.

pyrophantom said:
I know what you are saying but if they release a multi platform app for android and ios it should work ! The last version ran smoothly with no problems, so they have tinkered with something which conflicts with mine and others who are running android devices. I have tried every setting on the app and rebooted every time, and am still getting problems. I dont even have a lot running on my phone because I am not a gadget freak and dont do social network stuff, so running android 4.3 should work fine, but it wont run at all, which is not all down to my phone or others wouldnt have the same issues, just read the threads and that will tell you its something that has changed in the app which wasnt there before.

You cant just bolt on other features without a substantial test that it will work under a variety of "advertised and recommended" android platforms. This just smacks of rushing it out for the P2V+ and not fully examined the effect on the P2V users.

My 2nd gen Nexus 7 is running the latest Android Kit Kat version 4.4.2. That could be part of why I'm having different experiences on my Android build than others. And my iPhone 5 is running ios 7.0.4. Tho DJI really does need to take more time testing firmware and software updates before release. This wouldn't be the first time they released a problematic app but to their credit they did have a fixed updated app around a week later.

[/quote]

My 2nd gen Nexus 7 is running the latest Android kit Kat very 4.4.2. That could be part of why I'm having different experiences on my Android build than others. Tho DJI really doea need to take more time testing firmware and software updates before release. This wouldn't be the first time they released a problematic app but to their credit they did have a fixed updated app around a week later.[/quote]

To clarify...did you update the P2V and the app. or stick with the older firmware and newest app? I'm running Kit Kat so I may give the new app a whirl but from what I've read about the recent firmware updates, I'm gonna stay where I'm at, until they add waypoints.

jimdenburg said:
To clarify...did you update the P2V and the app. or stick with the older firmware and newest app? I'm running Kit Kat so I may give the new app a whirl but from what I've read about the recent firmware updates, I'm gonna stay where I'm at, until they add waypoints.

My P2V is running the assistant ver 2 firmware the latest one that came out just before the new CrippleWare ver 3 firmware.

I have only got v1.0.32 now and not the 1.0.38 I was happy with. Has anyone got experiences of using the 1.0.32 version ??? Im getting a little tired of all this now and just want a bloody app that works !

Bit pointless owning a blind vision DJI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

Well CRAP!!, my app auto-updated to .39 and I experienced the freezing and pixelation issues, I thought because I was on Ver2.0 firmware there was a mis-match, so, not living near any of the restricted zones anyway, I updated to Ver 3 firmware, bird fly's fine, but still crap for FPV, so I screamed at DJI and downgraded the app back to .38, will go flying tomorrow to see what happens, works on the bench OK but it did that before and only went south in the air.

F6Rider said:
Well CRAP!!, my app auto-updated to .39 and I experienced the freezing and pixelation issues, I thought because I was on Ver2.0 firmware there was a mis-match, so, not living near any of the restricted zones anyway, I updated to Ver 3 firmware, bird fly's fine, but still crap for FPV, so I screamed at DJI and downgraded the app back to .38, will go flying tomorrow to see what happens, works on the bench OK but it did that before and only went south in the air.

Yeah the performance of the app is not related to the Phantom's firmware. I just did another quick flight today and found the iOS app to be more reliable and consistant in terms of video feed than the newer version of the Android app. My first test of the Android app worked nice and smooth with the last minute of the flight having some random pauses. Today I just took my Phantom out for a quick spin first using my Nexus 7 / android app and it did the random pausing thing from the get go. I didn't reboot though so that might have helped, i'll need to do more tests, but I switched back over to my iPhone with the new app and it ran great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4