DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Repair Kit

It's really not that bad when you get into it. I've done a quite a few now, so that's easy for me to say...

I've just finished a new video. This one is for the guys that are only replacing a bent yaw arm. It won't help you much because I don't change the ribbon cable in this video.

I'm a few hours into the repair. i want to kill something. this is so f'ing hard.
I'm starting the ribbon in the camera instead of where you did. I think it'll be easier to roll up the ribbon that way; plus, there is some room cut out of the housing (sorry Idk all terms) to lock ribbon after insertion. definitely a serious job; have plenty of light, a magnifying glass and much patience.

I've been starting it in the camera too. I need to make a new video because I've found easier ways since my video.

I changed the design a little last week to give more room for clicking the ribbon in the yaw arm with the cover already on. I also changed it to replace the top 3 screws with longer ones to add strength.

I'll be updating the printout to have all the screw sizes listed later this week.

I've been starting it in the camera too. I need to make a new video because I've found easier ways since my video.

I changed the design a little last week to give more room for clicking the ribbon in the yaw arm with the cover already on. I also changed it to replace the top 3 screws with longer ones to add strength.

I'll be updating the printout to have all the screw sizes listed later this week.

success! this was challenging, to say the least. camera is working properly (while not flying). I;'ll take some video tomorrow. it seems to be doing everything just right. thanks Tbock. you're set to make some $$ and many people happy.
I have some suggestions for your next vid, which I will PM to you.

Wow, I've never seen one break on the thick part before!

That is the roll arm. I'll send you a message and work out the details.
I have the same exact break on mine. Please let me know if you have a fix for this. Thanks

I do. I fixed that one with a yaw arm and roll arm from my kit. Works great now.

Hey, Brock was able to fix me up, and take care of a broken fan I didn't notice. I got to take the drone down to Florida last week and try to get a couple of shots for my boss, "the one who crashed it"

This is only my second weekend with the drone, so don't bash too hard on the footage. Also, there is a slight "roll misalignment" on the footage. That was due to me not being flat when I did the calibration. I was able to adjust it later, and then re calibrate and get rid of it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Extreme24
I wouldn't say there's anything to bash there. Looks like you're off to a great start. Thanks for sharing!

75 P3 repair Kit
50 ribbon cable
40 labor
5 return shipping
Hello
Would you be prepared to offer your service to somebody living in the UK?
I realise the postage would be more, I have already bought a new camera and all is working fine. But it would be nice if I could have the old unit repaired has a spare.
Many thanks
Jim

As long as you pay return shipping, I'll do the work for anyone that needs it.

Hey Tbock, my P3A hit a palm tree a couple of weeks ago. I've bought a used camera/gimbal from another forum member. My only damage was a prop, but my camera has been facing ever so slightly to one side since (as well as horizon tilt).

As a result of my camera facing a couple of degrees to one side, I cannot simply fly straight ahead without adjusting my Phantom every 20-30 yards during flight. Aggravating. My ribbon cable seems to be fine. How much to repair mine? Are you able to test units you've repaired before shipping back?

Thanks!

That one isn't always an easy fix. I have two on my bench now that sit 20deg off to one side, even after repairs. The best advice I can give is to try a cold imu calibration on a perfectly level surface. Then do a gimbal calibration, followed by a compass calibration.

I understand the common 3D plastic material begins warping when stored in 100degree F heat. This could be a common summer day in Texas. What temperature can the plastic you use withstand?

That that would happen if it were printed with PLA. It's common to use PLA because it's the easiest material to print with. I don't use PLA because it's brittle and is susceptible to warping if left in a car on a typical southern summer day.

I use ABS which stands up to impact much better. It also withstands much higher temperatures. ABS would easily hold up to 175f before getting soft.

I have a P2V+ and I wasn't comfortable doing the gimbal arm replacement myself so I sent it to Tbock on a Friday. Monday was a holiday and I received it back the following Saturday. Very fast service. I have about 20 flights and everything works great.

Mark

Hey TBock, I literally just crashed my friend's DJI Phantom 3. The Gimbal is broke. I saw your previous quote, what kind of turn around time do you provide? Thank you for your help!

I usually get stuff back out the door in 1-3 days. There are exceptions with a few tricky ones. I'm headed out of town for about a week, so I won't be doing any repairs until I get back on 11/24.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic