DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Repair Kit

Thanks-
I purchased the basic kit from you on Ebay. Will you be sending ship instructs and request for additional funds?

I bent and popped off the roll arm during a crash, however the silver disc appears to be slightly bent as well but spins freely. Would that be a problem or would this kit still fix it? Ribbon seems to be intact.

I've been able to bend them back. Set it on the table and push down on it. If you can get it close, this kit will work.

I love seeing innovation. Designing a solution to a common problem using a new technology. I hope I never need your product but I'm glad it's here if I ever do. Keep up the good work , I'll be following !!

1-is their anyway to but it not by paying by paypal ?
my country do not support paypal :(
2-can i buy only one part?
3-can i buy 3 same part for 75$ ?

I'm sorry but that sounds like a lot of extra messing around for less money. You could try paying PayPal with a credit card on eBay. You don't need a PayPal account to do that. I would rather keep things simple with an eBay sale on this one.

Received your repair kit just yesterday (ordered from Wisconsin Dells, WI few days ago) already installed- following your instructional video no issues in this part only thing is there is no live view on my tablet (no signal but still able to record onto sd card) any ideas on how to fix this? Checked all known causes (rebind RC/ current firm wire/ IMU calibrated) any suggestions appreciated.

-Shamek

Did you check the wires connecting the gimbal to the video transmitter? Plugs in under the vision positioning sensors. DJI likes to use the first wire or the last wire in the connector for the video signal.

Although I'm new to this forum, I've been an active member on RCgroups for a while now. I fell in love with this hobby a couple a years ago and am always looking for ways to support my hobby habit by making products for other hobbyists. The latest project I've been working on should fit in great with this group!

If you're like me, you've just realized that your shiny new DJI Phantom 3 is far from indestructible. Even a "rough landing" can cause enough damage to your camera gimbal that your only option may be to completely replace the whole camera/gimbal assembly!

Every once in a while, there's an "Option B": Buy someone else's broken gimbal and hope that you can piece together one working gimbal out of the two. You might be upset with DJI for making such a fragile gimbal, but that's the price you pay for the great flight time.

I'm here to offer a third option, and I truly believe that it should be considered "Option A". I've spent weeks testing and refining a 3D printed alternative for DJIs aluminum Phantom 3 gimbal arms. I've assembled a gimbal repair kit that includes the yaw arm, roll arm, specialized tools, and video instruction on how to perform the repair. I also offer email and phone support to anyone who buys my kit.

I know many of you are skeptical about a 3D printed part being strong enough to replace the stock aluminum arms. It's a justified concern, but not all 3D printed parts are created equal. There are many people out there selling parts who don't have the necessary skills or experience to print quality parts. About 80% of parts being sold aren't even designed by the people who print them. I'd like the chance to prove to you that the "average" 3D printed part doesn't even come close to showing the full potential of what is possible with 3D printing technology. 3D printing is as much an art as it is a skill. The best comparison to working with a 3D printer is woodworking. When you print with plastic, you need to consider the "grain" of your part the same as if it were made of wood. Your print is going to be stronger in one direction than another, this needs to be considered in the design phase. A good designer can use these characteristics to their advantage to turn weakness into strength and impossible into incredible.

I'm not going to try to convince you that these parts will hold up better than the stock DJI parts because that might not be true. These parts will likely break in the same conditions that break the DJI parts. I could make them stronger than DJIs parts, but that would do more harm than good in a crash. If the arms don't break in a crash, the motor shafts will. If the arms are the weak spot, good! That is the cheapest repair. I can say with confidence that the parts I'm selling are strong enough to be a solid and reliable replacement for the stock DJI parts. Some extra care is needed during assembly because of the small screws, but that's common sense stuff and is covered in the instruction video. Once your gimbal is assembled, the replacement parts are very sturdy and don't require any special treatment. This kit is designed to use all original screws. If your yaw arm broke at the motor shaft, you may need to buy a new M3x4 set screw to use with the new yaw arm.

This kit includes:

•Yaw Arm
•Roll Arm
•Roll motor alignment tool
•Hardware layout sheet
•Video instruction guide (link to my YouTube videos)
•Email and phone support

Things you will need:

•Philips screwdriver #PH0
•Allen driver 1.5mm
•Torks driver #T6
•Hobby knife or small pick
•All original screws

I chose not to include a new ribbon cable (DJI Phantom 3 Part 49) in this kit because not everyone will need one. You can salvage the original if it's not damaged. Just be careful, a replacement will cost you about $50.

Here's the videos I've made to help with the repair.

Video #1 shows disassembly:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Video #2 shows assembly:

Video #3 shows a powered test of gimbal movement.

Video #4 shows test flight footage.

(VIDEO TO BE ADDED LATER)

I made a few small changes to the design of the roll arm since the assembly video. The parts in the photos and powered tests are the final version.

*There is no guarantee that this kit will fix everything that's wrong with your gimbal. This will only replace the bent or broken arms. I have successfully repaired 3 out of 3 broken gimbals with this kit so far though.

I'm selling these kits HERE on eBay for $75 + shipping.
Mr. Congratulations for a fine job. It's really impressive the passion you put in your work. Definitely this will be my replacement part when I need it. Right now I have just a slight different problem. I had a rough landing on sand at the beach this weekend, and the motor that moves the camera up and down (the panning movement) got a little grain of sand. How do you recommend to clean it? Do I have to dissarm the whole thing? Or do you think that blowing it with compressed air will work? If just compresesed air will do the job, in which especific area do you recommend I should blow? Thanks for your help, and sorry for my bad English

I'm sorry but that sounds like a lot of extra messing around for less money. You could try paying PayPal with a credit card on eBay. You don't need a PayPal account to do that. I would rather keep things simple with an eBay sale on this one.
my country is not suported on paypal dear.. even when am paying with CC
can i send you money using skrill or Western Union ?

You should be able to get the sand out with compressed air. Try plowing out the motor, I don't see why it shouldn't be safe.

Check the ribbon cable side too. Remove the little plastic guard that sits between the camera and the gimbal and blow that out too.

You might have a tougher problem though. The motor has magnets in it and it's possible that you have some iron filings in there. If you rub a magnet around in the dirt, you'll see the filings I'm talking about.

The best way I can think of to get filings out of a closed bell outrunner motor would be to use another (more powerful) magnet. Remove the motor from the gimbal and set it on the strong magnet. It's best if you choose one with a hole in it so the motor shaft won't get in the way. The pull of the big magnet combined with compressed air might get the filings out.

You should be able to get the sand out with compressed air. Try plowing out the motor, I don't see why it shouldn't be safe.

Check the ribbon cable side too. Remove the little plastic guard that sits between the camera and the gimbal and blow that out too.

You might have a tougher problem though. The motor has magnets in it and it's possible that you have some iron filings in there. If you rub a magnet around in the dirt, you'll see the filings I'm talking about.

The best way I can think of to get filings out of a closed bell outrunner motor would be to use another (more powerful) magnet. Remove the motor from the gimbal and set it on the strong magnet. It's best if you choose one with a hole in it so the motor shaft won't get in the way. The pull of the big magnet combined with compressed air might get the filings out.
Thanks for your advice. As you said it, with just a can of compressed air, all the sand went away. I just lean the can so the liquid propane could be expelled and covers the entire engine (sorry for my english). Everything is fine now!

Got your kit today. Thank you.
Will try it on one of the gimbals this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers