DJI Missing a Dropper Trick?

Does anyone have any idea how big the market is for a simple bait dropper that works, by which I mean it drops your bait but not your drone? I'm onto my third drone and don't have the money to make it four!
I made this cheap device for taking line from surfcaster for fishing,can drop water balloons too but all must be done in sport mode so you got power there,gps mode makes drone work bit hard ,,,this set up works from adding drag on fishing reel which cause line clip to slide off with out issues,,a simple reverse and stop slides balloons off back,but as above watch what you drop cause anything hurts from height,,,you can get proper release dropper but you not mention what you flying
15648138060961352624470.jpg

Does anyone have any idea how big the market is for a simple bait dropper that works, by which I mean it drops your bait but not your drone? I'm onto my third drone and don't have the money to make it four!
What happen to the first?

Rod

Do you mean my first drone? I attached a home made bait dropper to it I saw on you tube. It worked, twice. The third time, it just suddenly nosedived into the ocean and my remote had no effect. A little later I saw the full you tube video, where the guy who had come up with the idea, had a video of it working beautifully, I think about 5 times in a row. Then his drone just nose dived into the ocean. I see now what the problem with his design probably was, but I didn't know back then. However, I think the fishing line was briefly stuck, and I responded by trying to get the drone to reduce height and reverse course, but the drone was ignoring the remote and it was all over in maybe 4 or 5 seconds. This contributes to my thinking that when a Phantom meet resistance, which it's internal software is presumably not programmed to comprehend, it hits a bug, or a non-existent piece of code, or some other thing that has fatal or at least bizarre results. I might be wrong of course, it is just a theory, which is why I am asking to see if anyone has had a similar experience, and also to see if I can get an estimate of how many bait dropping Phantom pilots are out there. Do DJI not have a product in this space because they know the drone can't deal with an issue like this? Or just because this market space is so small and they have plenty of other markets to chase? If they don''t sell bait dropper because they know the drone will end up in the drink, then I don't care whose bait dropper you buy. Fishing lines do get tangled. Piggybacking on the remote control signal seems to be a bit hit and miss. And using the "line tension" method seems to require me to know ahead of time how much wind/resistance I will find 300 yards out and 30 yards up. All wild guesses on my part, looking for evidence to support, kill or correct my theory.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor