DJI HDMI Boards Are Shipping !!

If not, I'll just update my app.

:harry

Hmmm. That assumes there will BE an updated App. It might not be updated for a week or more. What then??

Regarding my comments on "updating my app"...

There is no HDMI specific app version for the P3.

I am currently using app version 1.1.2. The most current app version is 1.2.0. I will be updating to that version if necessary.

If you check out the posts on RCG from the guys who have already received and installed their boards there are no reports of any "app issues."

strange, my order has yet to ship and ordered it on the 13th early in the morning. Wonder whats going on?

What is the current status of your order on the DJI site ?

Yep, got the email notifying me that mines been shipped too.
Wonder how long it'll take to Australia?

Huh, I never received any shipping confirmation but I just checked DJI site and logged in and low and behold it has shipped and will be here monday. Woohooo!

Huh, I never received any shipping confirmation but I just checked DJI site and logged in and low and behold it has shipped and will be here monday. Woohooo!
Same here. I didn't get a shipping confirmation email like others, however my order which was placed July 18th was shipped yesterday via FedEx. It's in Tennessee right now, it will arrive here in Calif on Tuesday.

Looking like they will beat the vendors in the states--- no notices received yet from ADVEXURE. :(

The FedEx site shows my package has already arrived on the Left Coast. Delivery now expected
on Monday :D

BTW...either call FedEx or use their website to authorize delivery without a signature if you want the package left at your door.

I'm wondering if an update will be needed. Doesn't the Inspire with HDMI use the same Pilot app as Phantom 3? Here's a short video demonstrating the virtues of HDMI versus iPad-Android monitors.

John,

Over on RCG @blade strike (DJI Tester & Support and all around good guy) has indicated that the HDMI control functions are app based and that no HDMI specific app is needed.

Several guys got their boards last week and there have been no issues reported so far. Some are running app v1.2.0. I am still on 1.1.2. I will first test with that version so I can post the status, and then I will update my app.

I got my notice from DJI that my HDMI board has been shipped and I checked the tracking with FedEx and confirmed it will arrive on Tuesday! Nice! :)

My intended use of the HDMI output is probably different than most of you. I have a portable 15" battery operated HDTV monitor: http://www.amazon.com/2501BP-Portab...&qid=1438467201&sr=8-1&keywords=gechic+2501bp

I hand the monitor to friends standing near me so they can watch me fly without having to look directly over my shoulder at my ipad mini screen. I originally used the monitor with the HDMI out on a Nvidia Shield Tablet with success, but all it would do is a mirror feature. I returned the Nvidia tablet back to the store and this HDMI board should now fulfill my needs.

Last edited:
I got my notice from DJI that my HDMI board has been shipped and I checked the tracking with FedEx and confirmed it will arrive on Tuesday! Nice! :)

My intended use of the HDMI output is probably different than most of you. I have a portable 15" battery operated HDTV monitor: http://www.amazon.com/2501BP-Portab...&qid=1438467201&sr=8-1&keywords=gechic+2501bp

I hand the monitor to friends standing near me so they can watch me fly without having to look directly over my shoulder at my ipad mini screen. I originally used the monitor with the HDMI out on a Nvidia Shield Tablet with success, but all it would do is a mirror feature. I returned the Nvidia tablet back to the store and this HDMI board should now fulfill my needs.

Looks great...how do you manage the glare...? The glare just makes FPV flight very difficult for me so I'm going the goggles route.

Looks great...how do you manage the glare...? The glare just makes FPV flight very difficult for me so I'm going the goggles route.

I don't use the 15" monitor to fly. It is just for friends to watch who stand next to me. I pilot using the ipad 2 mini screen with a sunshade on it.

It just arrived! Now time to install it! :):):)

20150803_202313.jpg
20150803_202525.jpg

Just got mine as well ... DJI to be so smart to create such a great machine, y'all really make some dumb decisions. This is your idea of shipping??? Can't afford a few pieces of newspaper?
IMG_4099.JPG

I was expecting mine today, but when FedEx stopped and brought a looooooong box to the door, I knew it couldn't be the small replacement board I was expecting. Opened it up and thought ****!! Who's the genius in shipping that came up with THIS idea?! :eek:

Reactions: Fares and rhoffart

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4