DJI Go with Android Nougat (7)

Reaction score
I just bought new device (Honor 8) with Android Marsmallow (6) version installed. There is update pushing to Android Nougat (7) version now.
I installed that Nougat update and after that I couldn't use DJI Go app with my Phantom Adv. I downgraded back to Marsmallow, and DJI Go is connecting and working well.

Do somebody know, is it possible to get new Android Nougat working with DJI Go app? Now I cannot get updates.

No problems here with my Galaxy S7 Edge running 7.0 Nougat. DJI GO is version 3.1.4.

Huawei has their own version of the Android Nougat called EMUI 5. Maybe Samsung version is different.

Samsung Galaxay Tab S3 has nougat - no problems.

New question could be: Does somebody know, is it possible to get new Huawei Honor 8 working with DJI Go app?

Last edited:
Yes. Problem is not in all Android Nougat devices. It seems that EMUI 5 version from Huawei does need something to work. But what?

Maybe the sequence is important. Turn off phone. Turn on RC, turn on AC, wait for connect, then turn on phone.

Just guessing because you have not provided much detail of what was going wrong.

I did the startup as spesified in DJI Go app help link. Problem is that P3 cannot be found. Still app shows the controller as connected, but not P3. Camera view is just black, and functions are not connected.
My iPad is in repairs, so I don't want upgrade to 7 and downgrade back to 6 just now, if more details are needed.

Reactions: Paul Wingfield
Thats what happens when using a Tab S2, and it solved by powering up in the sequence offered above.

Last edited:
I did the startup as spesified in DJI Go app help link. Problem is that P3 cannot be found. Still app shows the controller as connected, but not P3. Camera view is just black, and functions are not connected.
My iPad is in repairs, so I don't want upgrade to 7 and downgrade back to 6 just now, if more details are needed.
I have the same thing. At first it worked for a few seconds then the image went from colour to B&W and locked completely. On restarting there was no image at all.
Using Android 7 on Samasung S7 with DJI Go v3.1.5 for my P3A.

I have Galaxy Tab E 9.6 with nougat. I won't say I don't have any issues but it does work. My biggest issue is getting it linked to the P3A RC. I have to either power off/on the RC a few times or if really stubborn reboot the tab while physically connected and RC on.
If status says "disconnected" then you are not connected to the RC. When RC is connected but AC is not, it says weak signal.

Anyone notice video channel setting doesn't show bars but rather hard to see dots? I believe my HTC 10 shows the same thing.

I've found no difference with debugging on or off, particularly with the initial RC connection problem. I believe lately it has been recommended not to have it on.

Reactions: Simzy666
I have the same problem with p3a s7 edge android 7 dji go 3.1.5
After 5 to 10 min the app crash and close down.
Can it help to turn on usb debugging?
Me too. I have Samsung S7 (non edge) and it almost works but camera buttons do strange things and the app is very unreliable since I updated to Android7. My Samsung S5 on Android 6 works fine.

Reactions: Simzy666

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers