DJI Go did not record flight

Reaction score
I bought a second-hand Phantom 3 on the weekend, set myself up with all the extras, and had my first flight with it today. Annoyingly, when I plugged the iPad into the controller back at home and checked out DJI Go, there was no flight recorded. The flight log page has nothing at all in it. I thought that was supposed to keep a record of all my flights?

How can I ensure that the flight data is recorded in the app?

What what Phantom 3 do you have?
You should be able to view your flight record on your app on the device you are using without plugging into anything. Not sure if you meant computer and not controller?
Maybe try going back into your flight page and hit the cloud symbol in the top right hand corner to see if that refreshes it.

Phantom 3 Adv.

I have to plug the iPad into the controller to use the app. However, the flight record on the app is empty. No, I didn't mean computer.

No, synching with the cloud does nothing. As these were my first flights, there's nothing stored in the DJI cloud for it to sync with.

Phantom 3 Adv.

I have to plug the iPad into the controller to use the app. However, the flight record on the app is empty. No, I didn't mean computer.

No, synching with the cloud does nothing. As these were my first flights, there's nothing stored in the DJI cloud for it to sync with.
Ok, your P3A is selected from the front screen drop down menu, you have camera view and it flies no problem including all the flight data on the display which means the drone was activated prior to you using it. I know of some threads that I have read where the previous owners details appear when you go into the 'about' section of the app in the main settings when you are looking to see what firmware you are running etc, so maybe check to see if that appears (camera view, top right hand corner three dots, scroll down to the bottom).
Only other thing I can think of is you may have missed a step in the registration of the app, your name etc. your name, or that of the previous owner should appear at the top of the flight log screen. Do any of your photos or video appear in the editor section at the bottom of the first screen? As mentioned before, you don't need to be connected to your controller as the flight information is stored on the app and not the controller.

Yes, the drone is there on the front screen and it has camera view. Yes, it flies no problem. I did change the previous owner's details to my own (it was really just the name he'd given to the drone). The flight records page has zero entries whether I have it connected to the controller or not.

My name appears on the flight records screen. My pictures and videos were available on the app when it was connected to the controller (and the controller was connected to the drone), but they aren't in the app when it's not connected.

Yes, the drone is there on the front screen and it has camera view. Yes, it flies no problem. I did change the previous owner's details to my own (it was really just the name he'd given to the drone). The flight records page has zero entries whether I have it connected to the controller or not.

My name appears on the flight records screen. My pictures and videos were available on the app when it was connected to the controller (and the controller was connected to the drone), but they aren't in the app when it's not connected.
Something is clearly not right. The app stores the flight and low resolution video/images as a stand alone file. The images on your microSD card on the drone are the high quality items most people use.
Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling the app, no need to sync before doing that as you've noted there is nothing there. Have you enabled multiple flight modes, set your maximum height and distance etc.
Out of curiosity, what iPad mini do you have? Here is a list of devices that work with the app:
Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

I already tried deleting and re-installing the app when I read that worked for someone else. No joy for me, though. I changed all sorts of settings on the app, including max height, critical battery level and others.

I'm using a gen 1 iPad Air, not a mini. I plan on getting a cheap android tablet specifically for the drone. I can't for a moment believe that the problem is with the iPad.

I tend to agree with you, if the iPad was underpowered, you would have a crap display, lagging feed and lost signal. Can you borrow someone's late model iPhone/iPad, load the app and give that a try before you spend unecessary cash?

Simplest of solutions (or newbie errors). The iPad (or other tablet) actually has to be plugged in during the flight. Duh.

Simplest of solutions (or newbie errors). The iPad (or other tablet) actually has to be plugged in during the flight. Duh.
Well at least you have that covered, you mentioned in #3 you had your iPad plugged into your controller to use the app and I never thought about it again.

In #1 I said "I plugged the iPad into the controller back at home", ie, after the flight. Still, no one (and no document) ever bothered to mention that the tablet has to be plugged in during the flight to record that data live.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen