DJI GO b4 4 : Android 3.1.30 .... ?????

Reaction score
I was not bothered about the old sat map data with HERE as Google where I am was not much better ......... BUT Mapbox is so old it's terrible !! It is barely recognisable to what is out there !!

DJI - please - you profess to want to make our Flying safe. So you devise Fly-Safe and NFZ's embedded into FW .... then you go and give us totally crap mapping ? Here was bad enough - but Mapbox really takes the cake !

Nigel

Good luck on getting DJI to return to HERE maps again. HERE maps charges $1.50/user/month until you have a very large number of users to get the price down. Mapbox is much cheaper.

I'm not advocating any returns ... just remarking that Mapbox is awful !

I just spent 10mins cacheing maps as I did with Google / Here ... fine ...

Connected to AC to make sure all settings were OK after updating GO and maps.

Maps went blank ! Nothing ...

If I have GO just on without AC - I get only the cache segment at my location - none of the cache outer areas.
If I go to the cartoon map - same...

The reason given for changing from Google to Here was - subscription ... so is this again another money issue ?

Litchi has none of this shenanigans.

Nigel

If your Android device is rooted you can get them back by disabling the Here map service check this video:

If your Android device is rooted you can get them back by disabling the Here map service check this video:

Not trying to be smart or anything but Here maps are not in 3.1.30 ...... also I did this before and it did not create a permanent rollback to Google ... I found it was intermittent and in the end got fed up with repeating it and left it with Here maps ...

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl