DJI Go 4 video transmission issue < alternative solution (UgCS App Android)

Reaction score
Many, including myself, have had video transmission issues resulting in the green and black or blocky video transmission.

Example from another's post:
IMG_1200.png

Historically, i suggested to set a custom channel and set to it's minimum of 4MBps; Turn off over-exposure notification (Black & White stripes); and turn off "Geo system". This worked in the past for myself.

However, with version Go4 v4.1.18 on android, none of this worked for me any longer. I was forced to downgrade to the prior v4.1.15.

I don't feel like i should have to go purchase another app just to fly. People love Litchi, but it is $25 ($15 for Black-Friday) and no way to demo it.

I found a FREE alternative solution (circumvention) which some of you may appreciate:

The "UgCS for DJI" App for Android is designed for survey missions with a ground station. However, I found that I was able to pilot my craft without the "required" ground-station. It is a basic, no-frills interface (which i prefer) and you can still video and photograph.

I suggest configuring all your settings via DJI Go (and logging-in to remove distance/altitude limits), then trying the UgCS App to "just fly".

Here are links to the product:
About UgCS for DJI
UgCS for DJI - Android Apps on Google Play

and a screenshot: (Note that my font was set to large, i believe setting to medium or default will not word-wrap the battery % [due to my long distance read-out]).
2017-11-26_16.45.40_sm.png

My battery alert still alarmed at my pre-set limit, warning me to land. I did not test any return to home features, but i presume full functionality.

It does not have the HUD grid-lines, but i requested this feature. You will not get any geo location warnings, wind warning or other, so please be careful and safe. Also you would not have a find-my-drone upon lost aircraft (but then again, that's your fault, lmao).

Thank you UgCS !

Good luck!

Last edited:
Make sure another app isn't auto launching when you connect the remote-controller:

e.g. You can reset dji-go (or any other app for that matter) so that it won't auto-launch when you plug the controller into your phone : Android>Settings>Apps>DJI Go 4>"Clear defaults"

When you have multiple control apps installed and you plug in the controller, the Android device should ask which one you want to launch. select your choice and then click "Just once" so that a default is not set.

Other than that i don't know why it would not connect to your P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4