DJI GO 2.8.3 out

DJI says it is the Apple cables. "Not reliable". Anybody know of an alternative to Apple OEM cables??
You mean that DJI claims that the cable between your iPad/iPhone and the remote control unit somehow would contribute to weak transmission signal to and from the Phantom? That sounds like total nonsense to me. You can actually fly even without the cable plugged in (without FPV and telemetry of course).

//Tom

To update or not to update. That is the question. I'm currently on app 2.4.3

To update or not to update. That is the question. I'm currently on app 2.4.3
For me it was a no-brainer. I can now fly (at least) 3 km out with full bars on RC and unbroken video feed. Previously I wasn't able to do this, as I was starting to lose the video feed after 1.5 - 2 km. If it has to do with 2.8.3 or not, I cannot tell, but I am pretty happy about this nevertheless.

//Tom

For me it was a no-brainer. I can now fly 3 km out with full bars on RC and unbroken video feed. Pretty happy about this!

//Tom

Compelling argument. The area I live in is heavily congested with interference. I'm lucky people like my drone and the images of our subdivision I provide. I've never really experienced long distance flights. Wonder if this will help while flying away from home.

I've had some terrible experiences with 2.8.2 on some days, and all in the same location.

Some flights have been great and yet others, especially more recently, have been terrible, including one where the video broke-up so badly, only 100 ft up and 150 ft out and I had to return home. Given this I really hope .3 will improve the connectivity.

Thanks RocketBrew.

I still suspect the app. Litchi runs flawlessly so your think the cable is t suspect. Anyway....

Yes, I'm serious. You asked about something that was in 2.8.2 and I gave you an example. It happens to be something that many have wanted for a long time, but oddly not listed as a change implemented. Were you only interested in the bad "secrets?"

I'm honestly curious why you and @0DRK3RT find this funny.

I too, am curious what their point is!
question asked .
question answered.

I guess I am not as smart as some think they are.

@Oso I was expecting something a lot more ominous (restrictions or the likes).

Also, I've always been able to change my name in GO. This isn't new?
NO NOT always,, this has been an often requested feature recently implemented.
If you bought a previously owned craft you were stuck with the name given until recent updates.

Owned 4 pre-owned and now actually have MY name for it...

By its very nature, secret in terms of software means Easter egg type things, not a secret that displays itself for all to see, hence why I find it funny.....

It was secret as in, NOT shown in the update release notes.

no one spoke of easter egg type hidden gems.
the topic/context of THIS thread was release notes and what is listed in those notes vs what is actually implemented and modified.
if it were a coding forum thread you would be appropriate.

Reactions: Waxwings
It was secret as in, NOT shown in the update release notes.

no one spoke of easter egg type hidden gems.
the topic/context of THIS thread was release notes and what is listed in those notes vs what is actually implemented and modified.
if it were a coding forum thread you would be appropriate.

Oh my goodness - you're so right!!! I stand corrected.... and of course, I am sooooo sorry for not following your topic rules and regs.....
Ok, ahem...note to self... "Remember the words of the great one kirk2579... do not deviate, do not have an opinion..."

Oh my goodness - you're so right!!! I stand corrected.... and of course, I am sooooo sorry for not following your topic rules and regs.....
Ok, ahem...note to self... "Remember the words of the great one kirk2579... do not deviate, do not have an opinion..."
In the UK, I thought spotted **** was a cake pudding, but after reading Numones post, I think it means he has been sighted.

Has anyone noticed that this update fixes the poor channel reception warning when you first open the app before takeoff? I've been getting that frequently and the channel doesn't even have a problem. Hoping to hear this update fixes that too.

Thanks Waxwings, I agree. Very frustrating though.
It is frustrating... I am really starting to question DJI and their handling of the issues identified by their customers. Its never a admission of anything but either silence or endless responses of it must be the hardware, send it in so we can check it although it was fine five minutes ago before I did this upgrade to firmware. I really wish they would stop that immediately and perhaps more importantly roll out firmware to some select pilots that are either compensated or have their equipment replaced or repaired if catastrophic results are experienced testing the firmware prior to release.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers