DJI GO 2.8.3 out

DJI says it is the Apple cables. "Not reliable". Anybody know of an alternative to Apple OEM cables??
I fly a P3A and although I understand there are software glitches that cause loss of video signal that have been addressed with 2.8.3. If you still have problems with weak signal or complete loss try this:

Get your P3 ready to fly , instead of take off procedure move the USB plug or bump it.
See if that causes signal loss or weakness.

That is my main problem, I get weak or total loss just by simple motion of the USB cable hanging and moving around. There is too much play. OEM apple or others just have too much play and allow for movement.

G

Has anyone noticed that this update fixes the poor channel reception warning when you first open the app before takeoff? I've been getting that frequently and the channel doesn't even have a problem. Hoping to hear this update fixes that too.
i've been having this very same issue recently, happy to see i'm not alone.

Sorry if its been asked aready but is the new app version only for an ipad or iPhone????I use a galaxy tablet thanks..

Tried 2.8.3 and noticed issues on the manual controls for camera (ISO, shutter....) all producing odd lights, is it just me or others? Auto is fine, but I like to manually manage my camera, flying inspire.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew today on the new update 2.8.3 and had weak signal issues while the bird was sitting on the ground 1ft in front of me.
I decided to fly anyways and had no issues in the air (used 3 batteries) no problems.
I have flown from this exact place many times and never had the weak signal issue.

I flew today on the new update 2.8.3 and had weak signal issues while the bird was sitting on the ground 1ft in front of me.
I decided to fly anyways and had no issues in the air (used 3 batteries) no problems.
I have flown from this exact place many times and never had the weak signal issue.

Thanks for your input. I'm still trying to decide. I'm still on 2.4.3

Oh my goodness - you're so right!!! I stand corrected.... and of course, I am sooooo sorry for not following your topic rules and regs.....
Ok, ahem...note to self... "Remember the words of the great one kirk2579... do not deviate, do not have an opinion..."

You are an idiot
You belittled a poster with your elevated sense of ego and importance and offered no help.

Well...I updated my iPad mini 2 to the new 2.8.3
Battery's charged. I shall fly in the morning. Wish me luck. I was also having weak transmission issue less than 1500 ft out. I'll report back.

Battery's charged. I shall fly in the morning. Wish me luck. I was also having weak transmission issue less than 1500 ft out. I'll report back.
Good luck, I'm still on 2.8.1 waiting for others to report no more issues, I get the weak signal at start up, but then it's all good.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are an idiot
You belittled a poster with your elevated sense of ego and importance and offered no help.
Go read your original post to me. Then, should you want the personification of the words "ego" and "idiot" go take a good look at yourself in a mirror, dickhead. I apologised to the poster should he have found my comments offensive and he was fine. And STOP using THE caps LOCK too, you don't have to shout to make a point. And whist you're about it, get your facts straight; the posters in question didn't ask a question nor seeked my help - I asked the question re. the so-called secret. But I bow to your superiority...

And in case I've offended anyone on this forum I apologise without reservation. I've found the help here to be invaluable.....

Last edited:
My Galaxy Tab keeps wanting to update but I'm delaying it for now
I have no probs on 2.8.2 with my P3Ps so see no need for it
Phill2, can I ask you how do you get Andriod version 2.8.2 of DJI Go? Currently in Google Play store, I can only see v2.8.1 as the latest version.

Phill2, can I ask you how do you get Andriod version 2.8.2 of DJI Go? Currently in Google Play store, I can only see v2.8.1 as the latest version.
I went there and it said already installed and there's an update button
Just had a thought
Maybe you have to go 2.8.1 first??

Last edited:

I also updated ipad mini to 2.8.3 and started getting weak transmission signal and lost aircraft errors. Not happy at all since I just got the AC back from a 2 month stay at Club DJI Repair. Even with fully charged batteries, I'm afraid to fly the **** thing anywhere now. Does anybody have an idea how to fix these errors?
Interested to hear your report meissner58

in that case, I will gladly turn off updates and keep using my drone as is.
I turned updates off last year and run 2.4.1 on my iPad 2. It works great. If no new features are in any updates that provide value to pilots, why mess with something working?

Reactions: Waxwings

My Nexus 6 auto-updated to 2.8.1 a few days ago. I think 2.8.1 is the latest right now on Android.

Mike

That worries me...weak signal notifications don't give me that confident feeling of trust I want just before flight, and then when something happens and a crash is the result DJI will analyze flight data and say...you were warned of weak signal but disregarded notification....your loss!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl