DJI 3 Pro Height Limit

I changed my setting this morning and managed to hit 1100 ft before getting warnings about signal strength .. It will make for awesome pictures this summer.. Thanks all

Slight modification and it changes everything as far as range goes. You keep trying for height like that, and you risk a fly away situation

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why would there be a risk of flyaway? I thought when your fly out of range the phantom will return home?

Slight modification and it changes everything as far as range goes. You keep trying for height like that, and you risk a fly away situation

Explain the "fly away situation" caused by altitude

I think you mis-spoke. You do realize the craft initiates RTH with signal loss, right?

I said risk... But fly away's happen. And flying a stock craft at that height it's easy to lose control.

biggest issue I see at that altitude (other then other aircraft) is the wind can be far higher than the surface. A 5 minute trip downwind may take most of your battery to return, not counting another 2 minutes descending for landing.

It will be rare that'll I'll go up 1000ft I just wanted to see if that option and flexibility was available.. :) which it is. It might come in handy when going to the peaks near me

This is why I like to be able to go the full 500 meters up;) the phantom 3 is an amazing piece of technology

cd39e173ad1d6556429b67834805154d.jpg

Edit: I have found to get better signal strength pull the iPad holder back to 90degrees from the remote so it doesn't cover the antennas and straiten them out so the face the sky to get best reception.

Why do some people think they're entitled to fly about the 400 ft limit that the FAA has set up, all it will take to have drones banned is one accident. And don't think that won't happen. There are always people ruining things for the rest of us who follow the rules.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why do some people think they're entitled to fly about the 400 ft limit that the FAA has set up
It's a guideline -- not a law. However, I agree it's a great idea to follow their guidelines.

Why do some people assume that USA is the only country on the planet earth, why?
Not sure. But, you're not supposed to fly higher than 400 ft in Australia either.

It just what options are available.. If it was that much of an issue the manufacturer should set unchangeable limits.
I'm not saying its right but it's the way of the world to push boundaries... Do you ever speed in a vehicle? Have you ever snook through a red light?
I also think the statistics of crashing or causing incident whilst flying low far outweigh those of flying high.

I also think the statistics of crashing or causing incident whilst flying low far outweigh those of flying high.
Well, yes... unless you're referring to crashing into other aircraft. That's probably the only reason those 400 ft guidelines/laws are put into place.

Reactions: ScottLB
I can see transponders being required in future models.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1