DJI 3 Pro Height Limit

Reaction score
I know I know .. some will think i'm naughty for asking ;) .. Does anyone know if it's possible to by-pass the height restriction?.

Here in the UK my drone is limited to 400ft which is a measly 120m. This is quite high but doesn't give me the flexibility I'd like.

Most websites i've read say the limit is 500m which is 1600ft .. I'd be happy with that .. is 500m a US limit ?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: mparry
The Phantom is not technically restricted to 400 feet in any country. You can fly as high as 500 meters.

When I hit 400ft - I get red alert and text saying limit reached and the drone stops ascending.. it won't let me push through the 400ft mark.

If I red it correctly its 400 feet near airports. 7 miles? I think. That was on my faa registration

When I hit 400ft - I get red alert and text saying limit reached and the drone stops ascending
The Phantom is programmed to stop at 400 feet by default. You need to increase the "Set maximum flight altitude" setting in the "MC Settings" section of the DJI GO app.

Thank you all, i'll give this a test tomorrow .. I've seen the setting within the application now.

It's a great recommendation. Just fly safe. That's what's most important :)

Yeah well I've been as high as the limit 1400' something feet. It's cool in remote areas. But you lose range going that high. 400' and a few miles out is where it's at

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Flying today over a remote valley, I went up 800' and had a Helicopter come right next to my copter. I assume he was aware I was there?

Flying today over a remote valley, I went up 800' and had a Helicopter come right next to my copter. I assume he was aware I was there?

Drones are hard to see until relatively close or you catch them below and over contrasting terrain or at night and they have nav lights on.

If he was real close and not above you, he likely didn't see you. Most attempt to keep the rotor wash between you and them.................

Well I was in the middle of nowhere, and he was flying below 500' I would say. I moved away when I saw, then heard him.

Reactions: Daniel Voyer
Glad you took evasive action.... it is your responsibility to stay clear of aircraft, regardless if they are below their supposed 500 foot AGL level.

That's a silly assumption and if you are ever in the air and a commercial aircraft is in the area and it's not in your direct control you should land or remove your craft from it's location.

Wait for it...

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl